The Admissions Counselor Online plays a role by further developing and facilitating
varied recruitment activities towards meeting enrollment goals in order to effectively
promote the online programs at Concordia University.
- Recruitment/Outreach: Strengthen and enrich working relationships for Online program through advanced visitation programs, electronic communications, presentations and promotional events; coordinate with other Student Events Specialist and the Director of Admissions in conducting lead generation events which will educate prospective students and other constituents about the University and programs daily funnel management activities
- Online Liaison: Make outbound calls, emails and texts to respond to prospective student requests for information and/or guidance. Build strong relationships with prospective students and identify their needs; pre-admissions requirements, transfer guidelines, financial aid, and general academic advising, where applicable
- Enrollment: Support new online enrollment growth by meeting set enrollment goals and work with team to identify opportunities to drive new enrollment through collaborative efforts; facilitate the admission evaluation and decision process for online applicants
- Program Coordination: Expectation to be significantly involved in creating, maintaining and/or improving an enrollment initiative by overseeing a designated special project assigned by the Director of Admissions
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or a combination of education and progressive related experience with admissions initiatives
- A minimum of two years of recruiting/admissions experience in an institute of higher education
- A minimum of two years of customer service sales experience in a metrics driven environment with a proven record of customer satisfaction
- Ability to foster teamwork, work cooperatively and effectively with others on goals setting, problem resolution and decision making
- Strong organizational skills, ability to set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress and track results
- Highly effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Advanced knowledge of print, web and social media platforms
- Advanced knowledge of SIS and CRM database systems
- Strong organizational and customer service skills, ability to set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress and track results
- Ability to be detail oriented while setting priorities, meeting deadlines and multi-tasking with minimal supervision
- Ability to interpret and abide by CTX’s values, mission, policies and procedures
- Requires non-traditional work hours including evenings and weekends with statewide travel up to 30% of the time
- Must be able to walk around campuses several times a day
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must be ability to sit or stand at a computer 6 to 7 hours a day
Disclaimer: This job description indicates the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or qualifications required to perform the job.
Concordia University Texas offers an all-inclusive benefits package to eligible employees. For additional information click here: Benefits
Commitment to the Concordia Mission
Concordia University Texas is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer affiliated with the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS). As a private, faith-based University, employees must be supportive of our mission of Developing Christian Leaders and our spiritual principles and values as a Lutheran institution of higher education. To the extent allowed by law, we reserve the right to give preference in employment based upon religion.