The Admissions Counselor temporary position plays a critical role in sustaining enrollment within its assigned territory by executing varied recruitment activities designed to attract and enroll new students. This position serves prospective students across our populations – undergraduate, transfer, adult, and graduate – and across all programs. This is a temporary assignment for up to 3 months with the possibility of working 29 hours a week.
- Recruitment/Outreach: Build upon existing relationships with assigned market whether public schools, community colleges, pastors or businesses through the use of visitation programs, electronic communications, presentations and promotional events; follow up on inquiries regularly; build connections with prospective students via phone, email, text, and in-person communication
- Advising: Assist prospective students, families and applicants with pre-admissions requirements, transfer guidelines, financial aid opportunities, and general academic advising, where applicable
- Support: Perform general administrative duties including maintenance of filing systems, sorting and processing mail, and data entry
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or a combination of education and progressive related experience with admissions initiatives
- A minimum of one year of customer service sales experience
- Strong organizational skills, ability to set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress and track results
- Highly effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Working knowledge of print, web and social media platforms
- Ability to interpret and abide by CTX’s values, mission, policies and procedures
- Requires non-traditional work hours including evenings and weekends with statewide travel up to 75% of the time
- Must be able to walk around campuses several times a day
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must be ability to sit or stand at a computer 6 to 7 hours a day when in the office
COMMITMENT TO THE CONCORDIA MISSION
Concordia University Texas is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer under the auspices of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS). As a private, faith-based University, employees must be supportive of our mission of Developing Christian Leaders and our spiritual principles and values as a Lutheran institution of higher education. To the extent allowed by law, we reserve the right to give preference in employment based upon religion.