The part-time assistant distance coach provides instruction and leadership to student-athletes under the direction of the head coach. The part-time assistant coach is primarily responsible for teaching proper techniques and skill development in the area of distance running. Position responsibilities include planning and executing instructional practice sessions, facilitating discipline-specific lessons and attending meets. Other responsibilities may include monitoring academic progress of student athletes, recruitment of student athletes and other athletic support functions. Compensation for this position will be $7,600 ($3,800 for each Fall and Spring semesters).
- This position requires the ability to express independent discretion and judgment as to the manner and method of instruction.
- The ability to assess and cultivate student-athlete proficiency in key areas.
- Knowledge of discipline-specific fundamentals and techniques, physical health, team-concepts, and personal safety.
- The ability to take direction and instruction from the head coach.
- The Coach will be able to work independently and as a member of a team and be able to effectively communicate to individuals and groups.
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years related experience is preferred; 1 year of college level athletic coaching is preferred.
- A motor vehicle driving record acceptable to CTX is required.
- This position requires a working knowledge of the Concordia University Texas (CTX) vision and mission and an understanding of intercollegiate athletic operations, rules, and regulations.
- The position requires the ability to stand for an extended period of time.
- The ability to lift 20-30 pounds.
- The ability to travel long distances via automobile and/or airplane.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to perform this job.
Commitment to the Concordia Mission
Concordia University Texas is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Concordia University Texas empowers students of all backgrounds to lead lives of critical thought, compassionate action and courageous leadership. As a liberal arts university, Concordia develops the mind, heart, soul, and body, preparing leaders for lives of service. As a private, faith-based university, employees must be supportive of our mission. We actively seek candidates who have professional skills, experience, and willingness to strengthen campus diversity, equity, and inclusion in support of our mission as an institution and our strategic plan. To the extent allowed by law, we reserve the right to give preference in employment based upon religion. Concordia does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by law.