The Assistant Director of Admissions provides recruiting and admissions support for the growth of the admissions department. This position works directly with Admissions Directors to create achievable enrollment goals and admissions plans, strategies for marketing within each market. This position serves prospective students across our populations – undergraduate, transfer, adult, and graduate – and across all programs. This position is responsible for enrolling students for an assigned recruitment territory.
- Recruitment: In collaboration with the Admissions Directors and AVP of Enrollment Services, support development and implementation of an annual recruitment plans and orientation programming. Recruit new students to satisfy established enrollment goals in assigned territory.
- Community Partnership Development: Oversees the programs and relationships with key individuals or organizations that have significant influence on prospective students, including, but not limited to high schools, community colleges, businesses, associations, churches, faculty, alumni, and current students. General oversight for admission outreach and events.
- Advising: Collaborates with university staff and faculty to ensure academic advising of students aligns with the established advising program. Ensures all advising tools are effectively launched and successfully serving our prospective students.
- Marketing: Create recruitment presentations and materials for admissions counselors and provide presentations to groups of prospective students and community constituents as needed to support admissions goals across system; ensure all presentations are branded with approved graphics and language; assist in the preparation of recruitment materials including creating/editing literature and maintenance of transfer and adult admissions landing pages; assist in management of content for admissions communications, marketing collateral, and general website.
- Policy/procedures: Recommend to the Director of Admissions any changes to policy or procedure to effectively support admissions; prepare and submit administrative reports for admissions to the Director of Admissions; provide coverage for absent/vacant positions as needed.
- Training: This position provides functional expertise in the area of undergraduate and graduate admissions to assist the Directors of Admissions with on-boarding new hires and on-going training. Assists the Directors in performance management of the admissions staff and can be called on to provide training as needed to achieve needed performance by such staff.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by the Directors of Admissions/AVP of Enrollment Services.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience in Admissions or related Higher Education field
- Ability to be detail oriented while setting priorities, meeting deadlines and multi-tasking with minimal supervision
- Working knowledge of CRM and SIS database systems and its functions as it relates to Admissions and Financial Aid
- Ability to interact with all levels within the organization and with diverse populations, representing Concordia University Texas in a professional and positive manner
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of the team while exercising sound discretion and judgment in dealing with confidential or sensitive matters
- Strong organizational and customer service skills, ability to set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress and track results
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others on goals setting, problem resolution and decision making in order to innovatively approach change in the recruitment environment
- Highly effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate the mission, vision and values of CTX to prospective students
- Requires non-traditional work hours including evening and weekend work
- Sitting or standing at a computer 5-7 hours per day when in the office
- Lifting up to 30 pounds
- Travels approximately 30% of the time, mostly within the state of Texas
Commitment to the Concordia Mission
Concordia University Texas is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer affiliated with the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS). As a private, faith-based University, employees must be supportive of our mission. Concordia University Texas empowers students of all backgrounds to lead lives of critical thought, compassionate action and courageous leadership. As a liberal arts university rooted in the Lutheran tradition and affiliated with the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, Concordia develops the mind, heart, soul, and body, preparing leaders for lives of service. To the extent allowed by law, we reserve the right to give preference in employment based upon religion.