The Assistant Director of Practicum Education will be responsible for the oversight of clinical and simulation program implementation and delivery for the College of Health Science at our Main Campus and distant sites, working in collaboration with the Senior Director of the College of Health Science, the Nursing Administrative Team, and the nursing faculty. This position supports the College of Health Science objectives of providing consistently high quality educational programs. This position will be required to work at the Austin Main Campus and occasionally at off-site locations. This position is assigned faculty status with voting rights and rank equivalent to degree and experience level.
- Clinical Education: responsible for the oversight of all nursing clinical sites in coordination and under the direction of the nursing administrative team. Works with clinical partners to arrange clinical experiences. Monitors and evaluates all nursing clinical sites and student clinical experiences. Verifies that faculty and students have met the credentialing requirements of assigned facilities and that all required documentation has been submitted to the healthcare agencies. Coordinates clinical faculty orientation and ensures that the course/program outcomes are achieved.
- Simulation Education: Manage simulation scheduling on Main Campus and off-site locations. Ongoing faculty training and development in simulation education. Supervision and evaluation of Systems Operations Specialist (SOS) Technician. Works closely with the Sr. Director of CoHS to maintain the budget to support simulation supplies, equipment and other expenses for delivery of simulation education. Coordinate with ABSN Simulation Coordinator to ensure consistency across simulation development, implementation, policies and procedures.
- Academics: Be responsible for the orientation, training and ongoing support of clinical and simulation faculty during simulation. Work with BSN Traditional faculty to address specific situations and concerns that relate to simulation curriculum and teaching. Collaborate with the Director of Undergraduate Nursing Program and faculty to ensure the curriculum is consistent at all site locations across both the traditional and ABSN track. Assist site faculty in the understanding and interpretation of curriculum and departmental policies. Interact directly with students as needed to elicit feedback, promote effective communication with the faculty, and hear first level student concerns.
- Leadership: Evaluate clinical and simulation instructors and make recommendations concerning appointment in collaboration with the Director of Undergraduate Nursing Program. Collaborate with the Director of Nursing Services (DNS) to support all ABSN site faculty/staff in meeting University expectations concerning simulation curriculum and teaching. Work in conjunction with full-time nursing faculty and ABSN program leadership to interview and recommend qualified candidates for clinical and simulation educator positions.
- Communication: Design and support process improvements that enhance the quality and effectiveness of communication across Traditional and ABSN sites. Evaluate policy needs and communication strategies to enable effective and timely responses to communication and operational issues to ensure resolution. Work in conjunction with the Nursing Administrative Team to review and develop programmatic policies as needed.
- Strategic Program Planning: Participate in the College of Health Science strategic program planning process and contribute to the achievement of institutional goals and objectives related to traditional and online and distance programs. Participate in clinical and simulation program evaluation.
- All other duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree in Nursing. Earned Doctoral degree preferred.
- Eligible for licensure as a Registered Nurse in Texas and ability to secure license within four months of employment.
- Recent experience in nursing education with skills in professional and strategic development.
- High level of proficiency in use of technology in nursing education.
- Recent experience with successful implementation and delivery of online course curriculum.
- Experience with planning and coordinating practicum.
- Administrative background preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills along with excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment to provide project oversight and strategic input.
- Sound clinical background, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus.
- Exceptional leadership skills to inspire innovation in nursing education.
- Ability to work with diverse constituencies
- Ability to positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of CTX
- Committed to the mission, vision and ministry of Concordia University Texas and an enthusiastic supporter of Lutheran higher education
- Teach 9 credit hours per year.
- May require non-traditional work hours including evening and weekend work
- Sitting or standing at a computer 5-7 hours per day
- Some travel required.
Commitment to the Concordia Mission
Concordia University Texas is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Concordia University Texas empowers students of all backgrounds to lead lives of critical thought, compassionate action and courageous leadership. As a liberal arts university, Concordia develops the mind, heart, soul, and body, preparing leaders for lives of service. As a private, faith-based university, employees must be supportive of our mission. We actively seek candidates who have professional skills, experience, and willingness to strengthen campus diversity, equity, and inclusion in support of our mission as an institution and our strategic plan. To the extent allowed by law, we reserve the right to give preference in employment based upon religion. Concordia does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by law.