The Director of Traditional Admissions will lead the admissions team in their pursuit
of strategic enrollment goals outlined in the institutional strategic plan, specifically
targeting traditional first year, transfer, and adult student markets. The Director
will direct and oversee the professional staff while at the same time assisting the
associate vice president of enrollment services in the development of short-term and
long-term recruitment and outreach strategies. The Director will be responsible for
cultivating and maintaining relationships with on-campus partners, as well as key
external constituents such as school counselors and community based organizations.
The Director must demonstrate knowledge of innovative contemporary enrollment practices,
including the use of cutting-edge technologies, marketing to various audiences, and
analyzing data and trends. Under the guidance of the associate vice president for
enrollment services, the Director provides leadership in the achievement of enrollment
targets and is responsible for the admissions policies, processes, and practices.
- Strategic Planning: As a key member of the enrollment services team, the Director participates in development of strategic enrollment planning process, which includes providing analysis of enrollment trends, utilizing institutional historical data to develop strategic initiatives to strengthen enrollment, and continued assessment of current initiatives. The Director develops and manages all aspects of the strategic enrollment plans including, but not limited to: recruitment and yield activities, communication plans, territory management and travel coordination.
- Leadership: The Director creates a culture of collaboration with excellent communication skills by promoting and supporting open dialogue in all aspects of their work. The Director represents the University at admission-sponsored events on and off campus; creates a culture of excellent customer service; and functioning as liaison to area high schools, community colleges, churches and businesses.
- Recruitment: Represents the University at admission-sponsored events on and off campus; develops and manages all recruitment and yield activities, including the communication plan, territory management and travel coordination; creates a culture of excellent customer service; assists in marketing efforts by coordinating multi-channel campaigns, assisting in the development of marketing publications, and functioning as liaison to high schools, area community colleges, churches and businesses.
- Staff development: Leads, manages, mentors, and coaches the Admissions team; oversees hiring of all admissions staff; oversees and assists in the training, development, motivation and ongoing management of staff including monthly, quarterly, and ongoing reviews, turnover prevention via professional development and support
- Administrative Initiatives: Recommend to the AVP of Enrollment Services any changes to policy or procedure to effectively support admissions for these programs; prepare and submit administrative reports for non-traditional admissions to the AVP of Enrollment Services and for each Dean;
- Budget Management: Manage budgets by making data-informed decisions linking budgets and expenditures to measurable outcomes.
This position description is not intended to be, nor should it be interpreted to be,
an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions
associated with this position. While the aim is to accurately reflect the position
responsibilities and requirements, the administration reserves the right to add, modify
or remove the duties described, as well as assign duties as deemed necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Advanced degree preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in private college admissions/enrollment management
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience, including hiring, evaluation, supervision, motivation and training of professional and student staff
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Ability to represent Concordia in a professional and positive manner
- Ability to connect with and foster diverse and inclusive networks
- Has utilized both standard and creative new strategies and tactics to achieve enrollment goals
- Ability to build teams and collaborate effectively with other managers
- Proven ability to make data-based decisions with functionality in data analysis and reporting
- Understanding of innovative technology and media in recruitment and admissions processes, including knowledge and effective integration of CRM systems
- Strong skills in budget development, allocation and evaluation of expenditures as it relates to a strategic enrollment plan
- Excellent analytical, communication, organizational, and networking skills.
- Understanding of scholarships and other financial aid for the use of achieving enrollment goals, particularly as it relates to selectivity
- Ability to exercise discretion and judgment in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters
- Ability to efficiently and effectively solve problems and initiate and implement projects independently
- Ability to set and reach admissions goals (both individual and team goals)
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records
- Travels approximately 25% of the time
- Frequently works outside of regular office hours
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to perform this job.
Concordia University Texas offers an all-inclusive benefits package to eligible employees. For additional information click here: Benefits
Commitment to the Concordia Mission
Concordia University Texas is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer affiliated with the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS). As a private, faith-based University, employees must be supportive of our mission of Developing Christian Leaders and our spiritual principles and values as a Lutheran institution of higher education. To the extent allowed by law, we reserve the right to give preference in employment based upon religion.