The events coordinator will help support the production of on-campus events from conception through completion. The events coordinator responsibilities include providing outstanding and enthusiastic customer service and organizing memorable events that meet quality expectations. This position organizes all on-campus events as directed by the event coordinator’s immediate supervisor.
- Coordination & Event Planning: Work with the event owner to plan, design and produce events while coordinating all project delivery elements within time limits as directed by the event owner; coordinate staff requirements and their activities for the event; organize facilities and oversee all event’s details as needed including decor, catering, entertainment, location, equipment; request all IT needs for the event; proactively handle and troubleshoot any arising issues on the event day; communicate issues involving events immediately to event owner;
- Client Relations: Schedule and meet with event owner to discuss events and accurately supply them with needed information to ensure event success; build relationships with event owner to facilitate continued use for future events and a strong reputation for successful event planning, communicate changes in relationships to supervisor for budgeting evaluation;
- University Calendar: Maintain a comprehensive list of University events and share this updated list on a regular basis with key stakeholders on campus, to include Communications, President’s Office, Provost’s Office, Philanthropy, External Affairs;
- Administrative Support: Provide feedback and periodic reports to stakeholders; conduct pre- and post – event evaluations and report on outcomes; cooperate with marketing and PR to promote and publicize internal university events.
- All other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3 – 5 years’ experience as an events planner or organizer
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Excellent customer service skills, ability to handle issues, analyze and problem solve in a timely manner
- Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to set and communicate priorities, manage work-flow, and meet deadlines
- Highly effective communications skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently
- Ability to work a flexible schedule in order to accommodate events
- Willing to submit references from previous clients
- Periodically requires non-traditional work hours including evening and weekend work
- Sitting or standing at a computer 5-7 hours per day
- Lifting up to 30 pounds
Commitment to the Concordia Mission
Concordia University Texas is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Concordia University Texas empowers students of all backgrounds to lead lives of critical thought, compassionate action and courageous leadership. As a liberal arts university, Concordia develops the mind, heart, soul, and body, preparing leaders for lives of service. As a private, faith-based university, employees must be supportive of our mission. We actively seek candidates who have professional skills, experience, and willingness to strengthen campus diversity, equity, and inclusion in support of our mission as an institution and our strategic plan. To the extent allowed by law, we reserve the right to give preference in employment based upon religion. Concordia does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by law.