The Financial Aid Processor in Student Financial Services will be responsible for maintaining compliance with federal and state laws/ regulations and administering the university’s student financial aid programs in accordance with university and institutional enrollment management policies in alignment with the goals and mission of the university.
- Package federal, state and institutional aid for financial aid applicants
- Check on-campus budgets with dorm list/remove “no shows”
- Check faculty/staff waivers and ILEG and DCE Cert./Interns
- Process add/drops for financial aid applicants
- Run and review hours report for financial aid recipients
- Revise awards based on adds/drops/hours as appropriate
- Decline aid for students who did not enroll by FA freeze
- Review LEU Pell students for assigned populations
- Process TASFA applications
- Review Federal Unusual Enrollment issues
- Assist Student Central and Admissions by providing information on students in various stages of the financial aid application process
- Process outside scholarship checks in coordination with Accounting
- May include supervision of part-time personnel
- All other duties as assigned
- Working knowledge of Concordia University Texas’ vision and mission; ability to articulate and support University values and Code of Conduct; and ability to interpret and abide by University policies and procedures
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated proficiency using MS Office including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, manage administrative projects and multi-task with minimal supervision
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team and be able to communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Ability to be extremely detailed when typing, proofing, and organizing materials and in the packaging process
- Knowledge of financial aid, billing, and university policies
- Ability to interpret policies pertaining to the function of Student Financial Service.
- Skill in providing customer service to all CTX constituencies
- Willingness and ability to study updates to procedures and compliance issues and to consider new processes. Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions
- Must be punctual and consistent with strong work ethic
- Ability to articulate and model the Concordia University Texas’ mission, vision and values
- Commitment to encouraging and supporting diversity, inclusion, and equity as a key component of becoming the premier university where the adventure of faith, learning, and life-changing experiences leads to meaningful work
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to function in periods of high stress and conflict
Commitment to the Concordia Mission
Concordia University Texas is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Concordia University Texas empowers students of all backgrounds to lead lives of critical thought, compassionate action and courageous leadership. As a liberal arts university, Concordia develops the mind, heart, soul, and body, preparing leaders for lives of service. As a private, faith-based university, employees must be supportive of our mission. We actively seek candidates who have professional skills, experience, and willingness to strengthen campus diversity, equity, and inclusion in support of our mission as an institution and our strategic plan. To the extent allowed by law, we reserve the right to give preference in employment based upon religion. Concordia does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by law.