The head coach for men’s and women’s golf is a full-time position which is responsible for all facets of directing NCAA intercollegiate teams. Concordia University is a member of the American Southwest Conference (ASC) and the NCAA Division III. The head coach will provide an environment that will support the holistic growth of the student-athlete as well as sustain a program of compliance with all institutional and NCAA regulations which results in long term team and individual success. This position will oversee all daily aspects of the sport and will participate as an active and positive member of the Department of Athletics.
- Responsible for organizing and leading a comprehensive program that consistently results in success defined as recruitment and retention of student-athletes, a positive student-athlete experience, and regular season, post season and individual player accomplishments;
- Provide discipline and expectations for student-athletes development to include study sessions, leadership development, diversity training, Title IX education, and the promotion of spiritual growth;
- Responsible for preparation and coordination for all team and individual practice sessions as needed to maximize athlete performance;
- Provides direct supervision to all assigned coaching staff, including volunteers;
- Ensure that an appropriate conditioning and strength program is designed and implemented during the designated NCAA season(s);
- Participate with the ASC in planning season schedules, including any scrimmages as appropriate, coordinating with the athletic director and other coaches as necessary to seek budget and travel efficiencies and avoid facilities/resource conflicts;
- In conjunction with the Director of Athletics, ensure that necessary officials are requested in a timely manner and verify that game day requirements are completed or planned at least one day in prior to the competition date;
- Responsible for total recruiting effort which meets the roster requirements while seeking high quality student athletes;
- Work in conjunction with the director to budget and to manage expenses within the approved sport(s) budget to meet the needs of the program while complying with all institutional policies regarding accounts and expense reporting;
- Coordinate fundraising efforts to supplement program growth;
- Coordinate the use of all athletics facilities needed for the program with the athletic director, and as needed, arrange for off-campus facilities to be used with the approval of the athletic director;
- Conduct a program within the NCAA Division III and ASC rules to include bylaws and sportsmanship;
- Assist the coordinator for compliance and the athletic trainer in verification of roster accuracy and medical documentation;
- Support student-athlete academic success;
- Represent the University in a professional and positive manor within the campus, community and conference meetings;
- In coordination with the sports information director ensure that all team and athlete recognitions, season records, individual statistics and team statistics are kept current and accurate and ensure that necessary statistical reports are provided to the NCAA, conference, or regional coordinators;
- Serve as a game-day administrator for assigned home athletic contests;
- Responsible for performing duties as assigned by the athletic director;
- Required attendance at athletic department, University meetings and functions as required;
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred;
- 2 years collegiate coaching;
- Must comply with the Concordia University Texas’ Department of Athletics Procedures Handbook; NCAA and ASC Manuals; NCAA and ASC Coaches Code of Conduct and Ethics;
- Must abide by all University policies;
- Must be certified in first-aid, CPR and AED;
- Responsible to maintain a professional image while representing the University at games, campus events, practices, away trips, conventions, meetings, and in the local community;
- Ability to coach and lead teams;
- Proven ability to recruit qualified student-athletes;
- Must be able to physically maneuver necessary equipment, including general ability lift up to 30lbs.
- Must be able to participate in required activities for long periods of time, including outdoor environments in varying weather conditions.
- Expected to work extended hours and on weekends.
- A valid driver’s license and clear driving record is required
Concordia University Texas offers an all-inclusive benefits package to eligible employees. For additional information click here: Benefits
Commitment to the Concordia Mission
Concordia University Texas is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer affiliated with the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS). As a private, faith-based University, employees must be supportive of our mission of Developing Christian Leaders and our spiritual principles and values as a Lutheran institution of higher education. To the extent allowed by law, we reserve the right to give preference in employment based upon religion.