The Head Coach for Soccer is a full-time position intercollegiate soccer team. Concordia
University is a member of the American Southwest Conference (ASC) and the NCAA Division
III. The head coach will provide an environment, which supports the holistic growth
of the student-athlete as well as maintains a program of compliance with all institutional
and NCAA regulations resulting in long term team and individual success. This position
will oversee all daily aspects of the sport and will participate as an active and
positive member of the Department of Athletics.
- Responsible for organizing and leading a comprehensive program that consistently results in success defined by athletic outcomes, recruitment and retention of student-athletes, a positive student-athlete experience, and regular season, post season and individual player accomplishments;
- Provide discipline and expectations for student-athletes development to include study sessions, leadership development, diversity training, Title IX education, and the promotion of spiritual growth;
- Responsible for preparation and coordination for all soccer teams and individual practice sessions as needed to maximize athlete performance;
- Provides direct supervision to all assigned coaching staff, including volunteers;
- Ensure that an appropriate conditioning and strength program is designed and implemented during the designated NCAA season(s) and that a voluntary workout program is provided to all athletes for use outside designated season(s);
- Participate with the ASC in planning season schedules, including any scrimmages as appropriate, coordinating with the Athletic Director and other coaches as necessary to seek budget and travel efficiencies and avoid facilities/resource conflicts;
- In conjunction with the Director of Athletics, ensure that necessary game officials are requested in a timely manner and verify that game day requirements are completed or planned at least one day in prior to the competition date;
- Responsible for total recruiting effort which meets the roster requirements while seeking high quality student athletes;
- Manage expenses and operate all team activities within the approved budget, while complying with all institutional policies regarding budgets and expense reporting;
- Coordinate fundraising efforts to supplement program growth;
- Coordinate the use of all athletics facilities needed for the program with the Athletic Director, facilities and as needed arrange for off-campus facilities to be used with the approval of the Athletic Director;
- Conduct a program within the NCAA Division III and ASC rules to include bylaws and sportsmanship;
- Assist the Compliance Coordinator and the Head Athletic Trainer in verification of roster accuracy and medical documentation;
- Support student-athlete academic success;
- Represent the University in a professional and positive manor within the campus, community and conference meetings;
- In coordination with the Sports Information Director ensure that all team and athlete recognitions, season records, individual statistics and team statistics are kept current and accurate and ensure that necessary statistical reports are provided to the NCAA, conference, or regional coordinators;
- Serve as a game-day-administrator for assigned home athletic contests;
- Responsible for performing duties as assigned by the Athletic Director;
- Required attendance at athletic department, University meetings and functions as required;
- Develop and oversee a program of productive youth summer camps.
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred;
- 3 years collegiate or equivalent coaching;
- Must comply with the Concordia University Texas’ Department of Athletics Procedures Handbook; NCAA and ASC Manuals; NCAA and ASC Coaches Code of Conduct and Ethics;
- Must abide by all University policies;
- Must be certified in first-aid, CPR and AED;
- Responsible to maintain a professional image while representing the University at games, practices, away trips, conventions, meetings, and in the local community;
- Ability to coach and lead teams;
- Proven ability to recruit qualified student-athletes;
- Must be able to physically maneuver necessary equipment, including general ability to lift up to 30lbs.
- Must be able to participate in required activities for long periods of time, including outdoor environments in varying weather conditions.
- Expected to work extended hours frequently during season.
- A valid driver’s license and clear driving record is required
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to perform this job.
Concordia University Texas offers an all-inclusive benefits package to eligible employees. For additional information click here: Benefits
Commitment to the Concordia Mission
Concordia University Texas is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer affiliated with the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS). As a private, faith-based University, employees must be supportive of our mission of Developing Christian Leaders and our spiritual principles and values as a Lutheran institution of higher education. To the extent allowed by law, we reserve the right to give preference in employment based upon religion.