The HVAC Technician assists in the daily operations of the Facilities Services Department and primarily performs maintenance on HVAC units. The schedule for the position is Monday thru Thursday 7:00am to 5:30pm.
- Facilities Management: The HVAC Technician primarily performs preventative maintenance and repairs on a variety of campus HVAC equipment and systems. The HVAC Technician is responsible for maintaining predictive and corrective maintenance schedules of work for all mechanical equipment with an entry level knowledge of HVAC systems. The HVAC Technician maintains and respond to issues related to fire alarms systems and be familiar with fire panels. The HVAC Technician serves as a leader in conserving university resources through quality energy management and other environmental stewardship practices.
- HVAC Controls: The HVAC Technician continuously develops an increasingly in-depth knowledge of campus building automation systems and makes adjustments to systems and schedules as needed, including the locations of all HVAC equipment and how they relate to each building. The HVAC Technician stays current with changes to control systems after renovations
- Customer Service: The HVAC Technician demonstrates solid customer service skills including punctuality, dependability, and ability to communicate well within the department, outside the department, and with contractors. The HVAC Technician will complete and close out work orders in a timely manner, and will work quickly, and neatly with an understanding of the impact the work may have on university operations.
- The HVAC Technician performs other duties as assigned including maintenance tasks such as (but not limited to) plumbing, electrical, locksmithing, carpentry and equipment controls.
- All other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2 years’ experience in HVAC preferred
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to operate motorized vehicle and have valid driver’s license
- Ability to use and maintain hand and power tools.
- Ability to use and maintain heavy equipment such as skid steer, tractors and scissor lifts.
- Ability to interpret and abide by CTX’s values, mission, policies and procedures
- Ability to detect, evaluate, solve and give feedback on simple and complex problems associated with campus infrastructure
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and ability to operate a PC and other general office equipment
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Will be required to participate in “on-call” rotation for response to emergency maintenance situations after normal business hours
- Must be able to sustain long combined periods of walking, sitting, climbing, bending, lifting and carrying objects up to 50 pounds while performing required tasks in various climate conditions as required within a maintenance environment
- Working outside and inside, around moving objects, on ladders, and exposure to temperature extremes, dampness, humidity and on slippery, uneven surfaces
Concordia University Texas offers an all-inclusive benefits package to eligible employees. For additional information click here: Benefits
Commitment to the Concordia Mission
Concordia University Texas is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer affiliated with the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS). As a private, faith-based University, employees must be supportive of our mission of Developing Christian Leaders and our spiritual principles and values as a Lutheran institution of higher education. To the extent allowed by law, we reserve the right to give preference in employment based upon religion.