The Lead Maintenance Technician supports Concordia’s mission by leading daily facility
and maintenance operations.
- Facilities Management: Leads all activities related to managing, maintaining and repairing campus buildings, grounds and equipment; oversees the purchase, maintenance and upkeep of all facility-related equipment, materials and tools; maintains an up-to-date prioritized deferred maintenance list and makes recommendations for capital repair work; working lead position responding directly to important job requests as needed.
- Supervision: Supervises, leads and manages a team of maintenance and grounds staff, including hiring, training and regular performance evaluations; facilitates and documents training of Facilities Services employees as part of efforts in safety, security, and professional development and ensures all Facilities Services staff work safely and in compliance with regulations set forth by OSHA, International Building Code, and federal, state and local environmental regulations.
- Customer Service: Ensures departmental effectiveness by regularly engaging with customers, both external and internal, to evaluate performance of supervised staff and buildings; performs regular building/campus walk-throughs noting facilities related needs, potential hazards and/or potential future problems and supervise their rectification.
- All other duties as assigned
- Combination of education and progressive related experience with facilities management
- 5-7 years’ management or leadership experience with multi-faceted organization preferably within the facilities/maintenance fields
- Strong organizational and communication skills, ability to set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress and track results
- Advanced knowledge and evaluation skills with regard to building maintenance, housekeeping, landscaping/grounds, construction practices and inventory/asset management systems
- Promotes integration of sustainability best practices in facilities and operations
- Ability both to work independently and to foster teamwork and work cooperatively and effectively with others on problem resolution, troubleshooting and decision making
- Ability to establish and maintain a high standard of customer service to campus constituents
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and ability to operate a PC and other general office equipment
- Required to work non-traditional hours on evenings and weekends as circumstances warrant including being “on-call”
- Ability to operate motorized vehicle and have valid driver’s license
- Ability to interpret and abide by CTX’s values, mission, policies and procedures
- Must be able to sustain long combined periods of walking, sitting, climbing, bending, lifting and carrying objects up to 50 pounds while performing required tasks in various climate conditions as required within a maintenance environment
Concordia University Texas offers an all-inclusive benefits package to eligible employees. For additional information click here: Benefits
Commitment to the Concordia Mission
Concordia University Texas is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer affiliated with the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS). As a private, faith-based University, employees must be supportive of our mission of Developing Christian Leaders and our spiritual principles and values as a Lutheran institution of higher education. To the extent allowed by law, we reserve the right to give preference in employment based upon religion.