The Recreation Coordinator for Student Activities works as a team member providing administrative and programmatic assistance for the Student Activities Department as needed. Tasks and projects will be assigned by the Director of Student Activities, and will mainly include oversight of intramural sports. This position works primarily with our traditional students.
- Supports the Student Activities Team to plan and execute co-curricular events
- Plans and executes all intramural sporting events twice per week (Sunday and Tuesday nights)
- Creates and communicates schedules using IMLeagues platform
- Assists in hiring and supervising student referees
- Point of contact in case of emergency or injury during intramural activity
- Manages and coordinates spaces/equipment with the Concordia Athletics Department
- Enforces appropriate behavior during games
- Attends CTX Outdoor Recreation events
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree; preferably in a field applicable to the position
- Experience in intramurals in a college setting
- Be able to commit to work at least 6-8 hours per week during late evening hours
- Athletic background is preferred
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Able to referee games and enforce CTX policies on the field
- Ability to abide by CTX’s values, missions, policies and procedures
- Must be able to bend, stoop, lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to sit or stand at a workstation per assigned work
- Must be available for late night and weekend work
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to perform this job.
COMMITMENT TO THE CONCORDIA MISSION
Concordia University Texas is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer under the auspices of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS). As a private, faith-based University, employees must be supportive of our mission of Developing Christian Leaders and our spiritual principles and values as a Lutheran institution of higher education. To the extent allowed by law, we reserve the right to give preference in employment based upon religion.