The Student Central Receptionist will provide administrative, hospitality and clerical support to Student Central team. The receptionist will welcome greet callers and walk-in customers, determine the nature of their inquiry and direct them to the appropriate academic or financial planner. The Student Central receptionist will serve as the first point of contact for our students, staff, and faculty and external agencies and as such will demonstrate professionalism, excellent communication skills, and superb customer service. This is a part time position (0-25 hours/week).
- Welcome & Greet Visitors: Greet visitors, customers and students as they enter Student Central in a warm, welcoming and professional manner. Determine the nature of the visit and direct students to the appropriate academic or financial planner, or schedule and maintain appointment calendar for Student Academic and Financial Planners.
- Customer Service: Answer the Student Central phone line ensuring all incoming calls, are triaged and transferred to appropriate individuals and the caller’s needs are met. Take and deliver detailed messages in a timely manner. Document and record calls in CRM system. Retrieve messages from general voice mail and forward to appropriate personnel. Check and distribute correspondence from the general inbox to appropriate team member on a daily basis, in an efficient and timely manner.
- Administrative Support: Maintain the Student Central front desk ensuring a clean, professional area and materials/forms are organized. Maintain and update scholarship board, maintain, order and stock office supplies and refreshments for Student Central Department. Perform clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing and sorting mail. Coordinate and schedule meetings and special events assisting with physical setup and general organization when necessary
- Student Records: Confirm identity and distribute transcripts, verification of enrollments and other requested academic/financial records. Assist with call campaigns as needed.
- All other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent; Associate's degree or higher from an accredited college or university preferred
- 1-2 years’ experience providing professional receptionist and /or administrative support
- Proficient with computers to include Word, Excel and Email systems
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience with multi-line phone systems
- Experience with Banner or similar Student Information System preferred
- Strong customer service skills are essential and desire to interact with the public
- Bilingual in Spanish strongly preferred.
- Pleasant and professional demeanor
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to handle confidential information with the highest degree of professionalism
- Ability to set priorities and multi-tasking with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Attendance and punctuality are a must
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and productive working relationships within the office, university and external agencies
- Ability to articulate and model the Concordia University Texas mission, vision and
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. (cases of paper, packages, books, etc.)
- Must be able to access all required spaces and classrooms of assigned location
Commitment to the Concordia Mission
Concordia University Texas is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer affiliated with the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS). As a private, faith-based University, employees must be supportive of our mission of Developing Christian Leaders and our spiritual principles and values as a Lutheran institution of higher education. To the extent allowed by law, we reserve the right to give preference in employment based upon religion.