The Regional Student Financial Planner serves students, parents and staff through
the Office of Student Financial Planning. This position works on a broad array of
student account and financial issues including but not limited to: student accounts,
financial aid, veteran benefits, third party billing, payment plans, refunds and financial
literacy. This position serves our Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing students
through the recruitment process to graduation.
- Provides information on a variety of topics related to student accounts and financial aid to students, parents and staff, via various communication methods, including phone, email and in person
- Assesses student needs and proactively engages students in financial planning related to their college experience; facilitates resolving balances and set up of payment plans for current student accounts
- Serves as primary point of contact for students, parents, staff and third party vendors in accurately receipting, recording, refunding and balancing tuition payments
- Works closely with Student Academic Planners, Financial Aid and Accounting Office to research, resolve and/or redirect student disputes and appeals. Handle a variety of student situations and disputes using tact, diplomacy and patience
- Conduct student tuition and billing audits. Review and determine resolution for fee and tuition waivers
- Conduct financial aid informational presentations during orientations and special events
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- One to three years of accounting, cashiering, or related work experience in higher education setting preferred
- Experience with CRM and SIS database systems preferably TargetX or Banner preferred
- Experience with Financial Aid advising and processes to include knowledge of Financial Aid award and packaging processes
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Demonstrated customer service and advising skills
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to operate a desktop computer (PC) and other standard office equipment (fax machine, copiers, printers, scanners, etc.)
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Ability to articulate and model the Concordia University Texas mission, vision and values
- Occasional moderate lifting, 30 pounds (paper, books, etc.)
- Must be able to access all required spaces and classrooms of assigned center
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to perform this job.
Concordia University Texas offers an all-inclusive benefits package to eligible employees. For additional information click here: Benefits
Commitment to the Concordia Mission
Concordia University Texas is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer affiliated with the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS). As a private, faith-based University, employees must be supportive of our mission of Developing Christian Leaders and our spiritual principles and values as a Lutheran institution of higher education. To the extent allowed by law, we reserve the right to give preference in employment based upon religion.