The Student Central Processor will provide administrative support to Student Central including student program changes, customer service, and data processing.
- Student Support: Review and process student requests such as program updates, FERPA forms, Veteran’s Affairs applications, Residential Life applications, etc.; prepare and maintain student files, and update the Student Central team as appropriate; provide timely and accurate correspondence to students including emails, letters and other documents based upon internal communication strategies
- Data Entry: Update data in the university CRM, SIS, and other systems such as program updates, university withdrawals, textbook data, etc. Monitor data integrity by running regular validation reports and revising incorrect data
- Customer Service: Serve as back-up to the Student Central front desk receptionist by assisting visitors and routing phone calls; support the Student Central staff with special projects as needed; communication and reconciliation with other departments such as Admissions, Career Services, Financial Aid, etc.
- All other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years’ experience providing administrative support, preferably in higher education
- Ability to work calmly in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment while managing multiple projects
- Strong working knowledge of a wide variety of office equipment including (but not limited to) personal computer, printer, fax machine and copier
- Must be computer literate and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel and Outlook
- Familiarity working with a CRM database
- Ability to sit or stand at a computer 6 to 7 hours a day
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 30 pounds
Commitment to the Concordia Mission
Concordia University Texas is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Concordia University Texas empowers students of all backgrounds to lead lives of critical thought, compassionate action and courageous leadership. As a liberal arts university, Concordia develops the mind, heart, soul, and body, preparing leaders for lives of service. As a private, faith-based university, employees must be supportive of our mission. We actively seek candidates who have professional skills, experience, and willingness to strengthen campus diversity, equity, and inclusion in support of our mission as an institution and our strategic plan. To the extent allowed by law, we reserve the right to give preference in employment based upon religion. Concordia does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by law.