The PT Student Experience Assistant, under the direction of the Student Experience Specialist, supports Concordia’s mission, vision and values by coordinating various aspects of prospective students’ experience. This position is responsible for handling Admissions’ inbound calls and assisting the Admissions team in visit coordination, appointment setting, and event logistics. The Assistant delivers a high quality first impression for campus guests, ensuring that each student’s visit to campus delivers a customized and high-quality experience. This will be a max of 19 hours/week.
- Customer Service: Serve as the front desk staff of Admissions, greeting all guests and coordinating all aspects of a guest’s first impression; create a system to respond to visit requests and leads within a 24-hour timeframe, secure new visit registrations, optimize relationships with upcoming student visitors and coordinate qualified student leads to the appropriate admissions counselor; handle inbound and outbound calls, including lead generation, qualification and conversion.
- Coordination & Planning: Coordinate with supervisor and execute all logistics for visit coordination for groups, individuals and appointments for all of Admissions; coordinate campus visit and tour program to include coordinating with student workers each semester.
- Answer questions about all programs and coordinate with supervisor to direct inquiries to designated admission counselor; meet with vendors to improve the campus visit experience through web, app and/or software improvements; collaborate with supervisor to develop and implement strategic initiatives for campus guest experience (virtual and in-person).
- CRM Support: Keep accurate and organized records in the CRM of all visits, events, and student interactions; accountable for goal setting, execution, and reporting of visits and lead conversion.
- Additional related functions as assigned
- Professionally represent the university with the ability to articulate and model the Concordia University Texas mission, vision and values
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in a related field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
- Experience with CRM database required, TargetX or Salesforce experience preferred.
- Experience in higher education is preferred.
- Sales experience preferred specifically including telemarketing, lead qualifying and/or lead conversion.
- Excellent customer-service, communication skills and exceptional phone presence with the ability to develop and foster relationships with internal and external constituents
- Ability to work calmly in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment while managing multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to exercise discretion and judgment, problem-solve and think critically in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters
- Ability to lead diverse groups of people and to command a room
- Confident, self-motivated, and has a high level of determination to succeed
- Must demonstrate the generally accepted knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to successfully perform the jobs functions such as prioritizing projects, attention to detail, meeting deadlines and managing multiple projects
- Non-traditional work hours including evening, weekend and peak season times required to support enrollment and other events
- Must be able to sit or stand at a computer and be on the telephone for 5 to 7 hours a day when in the office
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to walk around campuses several times a day
- Ability to travel off campus for coordination of errands and tasks
COMMITMENT TO THE CONCORDIA MISSION
Concordia University Texas is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer under the auspices of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS). As a private, faith-based University, employees must be supportive of our mission of Developing Christian Leaders and our spiritual principles and values as a Lutheran institution of higher education. To the extent allowed by law, we reserve the right to give preference in employment based upon religion.