The Student Experience Specialist supports Concordia’s mission, vision and values by managing various aspects of prospective students’ experience. This position is responsible for managing Admissions’ inbound calls and nurturing leads. The Specialist also oversees the Admissions team in lead conversion and qualification, appointment setting and event logistics. This position ensures delivery of a high quality first impression for campus guests, serving all audiences and by taking ownership in all key factors that affect students’ impressions and experiences to ensure prospective students have the best experience as possible.
- Supervision: Manage inbound and outbound calls, including lead generation, qualification, and conversion; ensure response to leads are completed within a 24-hour timeframe, new leads are secured, relationships are optimized with existing lead sources and delegate qualified leads to the appropriate admissions counselor; manage the campus visit and tour program to include supervising student workers each semester; answer questions about all programs and delegate inquiries to designated admission counselor.
- Communication & Engagement: Be the key, front-facing representative of the Office of Admissions by serving as the primary interdepartmental liaison and coordinating campus community involvement through recruitment efforts; responsible for the logistics coordination of events, visits and appointments to include the planning and execution of all admissions lead generation events on the main campus.
- Coordination & Planning: Utilize creativity to broaden and enhance events while seeking appropriate partnerships and approvals; coordinate CTX involvement with external recruitment events; update all local community calendars to promote CTX recruitment events.
- CRM Management & Reporting: Ensures accurate and organized records in the CRM of all visits, events, and student interactions; provide frequent reporting on lead registration, attendance and conversion to enrollment; responsible for meeting established inquire conversion goals, goal setting, execution, and reporting of events and lead conversion.
- Additional related functions as assigned.
- Professionally represent the university with the ability to articulate and model the Concordia University Texas mission, vision and values
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in a related field.
- 3 years’ experience with event coordination required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
- Prior supervisory experience required
- Experience in higher education is preferred with enrollment experience preferred
- Sales experience preferred specifically including telemarketing, lead qualifying and/or lead conversion
- Experience with CRM database required, TargetX or Salesforce experience preferred.
- Excellent customer-service, communication skills and exceptional phone presence with the ability to develop and foster relationships with internal and external constituents
- Ability to work calmly in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment while managing multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to exercise discretion and judgment, problem-solve and think critically in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters
- Ability to lead diverse groups of people and to command a room
- Confident, self-motivated, and has a high level of determination to succeed
- Must demonstrate the generally accepted knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to successfully perform the jobs functions such as prioritizing projects, attention to detail, meeting deadlines and managing multiple projects
- Non-traditional work hours including evening, weekend and peak season times required to support enrollment and other events
- Must be able to sit or stand at a computer and be on the telephone for 5 to 7 hours a day when in the office
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to walk around campuses several times a day
- Ability to travel off campus for coordination of errands and tasks
Concordia University Texas offers an all-inclusive benefits package to eligible employees. For additional information click here: Benefits
Commitment to the Concordia Mission
Concordia University Texas is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer affiliated with the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS). As a private, faith-based University, employees must be supportive of our mission of Developing Christian Leaders and our spiritual principles and values as a Lutheran institution of higher education. To the extent allowed by law, we reserve the right to give preference in employment based upon religion.