Ensuring that students' academic needs are met is the top priority of the Student Success Center. Tutors are critical to this process and are expected to perform a variety of functions.
All part-time tutors must:
- Be currently enrolled at the university
- 3.0 or better cumulative GPA
- Have an A or B in the course you coach
- Have two Faculty recommendations
- Interview with Director of Success Center
- Complete training
Peer Tutors will:
- help students with subject content in 1:1 and group tutoring sessions.
- learn about and be able to help students with study strategies and techniques.
- participate in all Success Center tutor training sessions.
- get all students they tutor to completely fill out a registration card and the tutor will turn the card in to Ruth or Rhea Ann.
- request that students fill out a tutor evaluation before leaving the Success Center.
- completely fill out the tutoring log each time a tutoring session takes place and turn it in by midnight on the 15th and the last day of the month.
- complete and submit time sheets by midnight on the 15th and the last day of the month.
- introduce themselves to the classes of the subjects they tutor.
- commit to tutoring for an entire academic semester.
- check email, voicemail, and text messages daily for requests for tutoring assistance.
- respond to each request for tutoring within 24 hours. If you cannot help the student then suggest someone else or have the student contact Ruth or Rhea Ann.
- assist in the development and evaluation of tutoring material and services.
If you are interested in becoming a peer tutor and meet the above qualifications, please fill out the information below and submit.