Guidelines for Students
- You must secure an internship prior to being able to register for the internship class.
- Internship requirements are to complete 120-150 hours (depending on your major) of learning new skills. This could be done through an official internship with a company, a part-time job, or special projects at your current work place.
- If you need assistance with searching for an internship, please schedule an appointment with Career Services through Handshake.
Internships are a way for students to gain valuable work experience and explore career paths in jobs related to their major. Several majors require an internship and students can choose to do additional internships as an elective. Students find internships on their own, through the faculty internship advisor, family and friends, or through the Vocation and Professional Development office.
Guidelines for Employers
Experiential Learning is an essential part of education at Concordia. Internships are a highly sought after and promoted. Over 50% of Concordia's degree programs that offer an internship course require it as part of the major.
While schedules may vary depending on the employer and student, there are a certain amount of hours required to obtain credit for an internship. An internship usually takes place over a fall, spring, or summer semester; and often students can complete the required hours during the summer semester in less time.
Concordia interns are:
- Thinking Critically & Analytically: Students learn in the classroom how to engage with problems, ask questions, analyze and make decisions.
- Speaking Clearly/Effectively: Students learn to take a proactive approach to learning and engage in an interactive classroom environment.
- Developing personal values/ethics: Students explore and discover personal assets and learn how to influence with integrity.
- Working effectively with others: Students learn how to lead where they are, discover their calling and purpose, and leverage their strengths and influence through teamwork.
How to Recruit CTX Students for Internships
- Post the job description on at ConcordiaTX.joinhandshake.com
- Email the job description to firstname.lastname@example.org
email@example.com | Cedal Hall, C244 | 512-313-5045