Thursday, March 1st 1:00 PM - 3:30 PM
Cedel Hall, Lower Atrium
Employer Registration Closed
The link above will take you to register for the Career Fair and all Concordia Crossing events
Click below to see the names of Employers attending the Concordia Career Fair
- Resume: Update your resume (bring several copies with you).
- Elevator speech: Prepare a brief introduction about yourself.
- Dress for success: Plan ahead. Dress business casual or professional.
- Prepare questions: Research participating employers. Prepare questions to ask.
- Follow up: Send thank you notes within 48 hours after the career fair.
How To Attend Guide
Resume review: submit resume on Handshake at https://concordiatx.joinhandshake.com/login
Elements of an elevator speech include :
- I am...a junior majoring in English who will graduate in (month/year).
- I have...experience/knowledge, expertise/interest..in...
- I am looking for...career/internship/volunteer opportunity/information/advice in...
- Maintain eye contact
- Give a firm handshake
- Engage in the conversation (don't be walking away, on your phone, or looking around). Focus on the person in front of you
- Ask questions
This video says it all...
Video courtesy of Tennessee Tech University https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDpe9StfGTA
When you are clean, polished, neat, and classically dressed your posture lifts, you are poised, and you walk and talk with a heightened sense of confidence. Check out these guidelines for women, men, and for dressing to impress on a budget.
Questions students should ask recruiters:
- What are some career opportunities for my major at your company?
- What are some of the entry level positions for someone with a degree/interest in...?
- What are qualifications for jobs in this field?
- Does the company offer internships?
- What is a typical day for someone working as a (duck breeder) at your company?
- What are the characteristics of the most successful employees at your company?
- What do you like most about working for your company?
- What is the company culture and management style at your company?
- What kind of training do you offer?
- How should I follow up with you and when?
Want to be remembered? Collect the recruiter's business card to send a follow-up email and a hand-written thank you card within 48 hours after meeting key recruiters or employers. Some tips for follow-up include:
- Thank the recruiter for speaking with you.
- Mention which fair they attended where you met.
- Mention the positions you are interested in (if any).
- State something specific that the two of you discussed.
If you are a senior interested in a specific position, state your wish for an interview and that you will be in contact within the week to schedule one.