Work on Campus

Working on campus during college is a great way to explore the world of work and learn new skills. Each semester the university posts student worker positions. Find current openings below.

The University works with off-site employers for community based work study jobs.  Opportunities are found below and students can use the same application to apply.

The best opportunity for students to find an on campus job is in the fall.

How do I search and apply for on campus jobs?

Apply using the application link below or in the job posting. Indicate if you are applying to more than one position in the application. A hiring supervisor will contact you if you are selected for an interview. (The University partners with employers to offer a select few work study eligible students in off campus, federally funded job.) For more information schedule an appointment at


On Campus Positions (all work study eligible unless noted) 

Bookstore Associate (not work study eligible)

Audio Visual (A/V) Support Technician 

Intramural Sports Referee 

Student Activites Leader

Support Services Customer Service Associate 

IncubatorCTX Social Media Intern

Incubator CTX Marketing and Communication Associate

Global Health Graduate Student *New Position*

Off Campus Work Study

YMCA of Austin

Grandview Hills Elementary LISD

Off Campus Caregiver Opportunities

For information about childcare or other jobs with individual families in the area please contact

What hiring paperwork do I fill out once I'm hired?

Students, once you receive the offer to work you can fill out new hire paperwork and return it to Human Resources in the lower level of building D.  

Student New Hire Paperwork

What do I do if I'm a work study student?

Work study is a type of funding for student worker pay and is awarded through financial aid based on the number of hours worked. Work study students are eligible for all of the positions listed and will follow the same process above to apply.

How long does a student worker position last?

Student worker positions are active only for the current semester hired. Students should ask their supervisor if the position will continue the following semester.

How many hours can I work each week?

Students can work a maximum of 19 hours a week for the university. A student who works in multiple positions for the university must not exceed the maximum combined for all on campus jobs.



cvpd logo | Cedal Hall, C244 | 512-313-5045