Reports to: Kristin Spindler
Location: Main Campus
Classification Level: (Assigned by HR)
Department: IncubatorCTX (B-202)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position #: XXXXX (Assigned by HR)
Salary: $9-12/hr Commensurate with Experience
If you are energetic with an up-beat, can-do attitude and entrepreneurial spirit, then we should connect. You must be an excellent problem solver, be able to encourage a team, and leverage your organizational, marketing and communication skills to operate at a high level. IncubatorCTX’s marketing and communication associate will be spending approximately 19 hours per week during the school year and 30 hours per week during the summer, primarily in IncubatorCTX (B-202) during business hours, completing the following:
- Create flyers from templates for all Incubator events.
- Proofread all marketing materials for accuracy, spelling and grammar.
- Liaise with Incubator Director and Social Media Director to schedule email campaign for upcoming events.
- Ensure that all marketing email campaigns function smoothly.
- Familiarity with social media scheduling platforms such as sprout social, Hootsuite or Hub spot. Minimum of 1 tweet and 1 Facebook post per day. Content for each social media site submitted to Alex Walker with cc: to Kristin Spindler for upcoming calendar.
- Mandatory attendance at weekly Monday department meetings.
- Attend majority of IncubatorCTX events as an Ambassador of IncubatorCTX including assisting with registration and related activities so that events run smoothly.
- Manage accuracy and timeliness of keeping Incubator Calendar of events up to date.
- Assist with tours for prospective Incubator members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Generate single page weekly summary of activities performed, hours spent per activity (adds up to 19 hours during semester or 30 hours during summer) and top three priorities for the next week. Report should also note any barriers, problems or delays to planned outcomes.
- Ability to articulate and model the Concordia University Texas mission, vision and values
- Member/Liaison for IncubatorCTX
- Excellent verbal and written (grammar & punctuation) communication skills.
- Ability to interact with the public and represent the University and IncubatorCTX with a polished professionalism.
- High level of responsibility, including the ability to take initiative, be on time and complete tasks with a superior level of excellence.
- Superior technology skills with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and willingness and aptitude to learn new functionalities of technologies specific to the office, including Constant Contact, Canva, Eventbrite, Wordpress, web editing and Handshake.
- Repetitive keyboarding
- Multiple trips walking around campus
- August 1, 2019
- Competitive and commensurate with experience