Reports to: Director of Student Activities
Department: Student Activities
Location: Main Campus, Student Activities Office
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Position #: 000859
Salary: Assigned by HR
The SAL for Student Clubs and Organizations acts as a consultant and administrator for student club and organizations, including guidance on standard procedures for application, eligibility, executing and upholding charters, event and meeting planning and support, funding administration, and training.
- Review and approve new student club and organization applications using official standards of operation and eligibility.
- Assist club and organization leadership with executing charter documents.
- Process organization requests for deposits and withdraws using University accounting procedures.
- Coordinate with student organization leaders, advisors, and other SAL’s to support event and meeting logistics, including securing physical or virtual space, supplies, marketing, etc.
- Provide guidance to students and prospective advisors on the processes and eligibility to start a new student organization.
- Assist with setting and monitoring the standards for new clubs and organizations.
- Coordinates risk management and other training.
- Tracks required annual training attendance.
- Maintains charter documents on file.
- Mandatory attendance at weekly department meetings.
- Attend events as an ambassador of student life, including assisting with registration and related activities so that events run smoothly.
- Working knowledge of student club and organization eligibility and standards.
- Ability to act in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to uphold the standards of success for student clubs and organizations.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, lift and carry up to 30
- Must be able to sit or stand at a workstation per assigned work
- Must be available to work occasional late nights or
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to perform this job.