Reports to: Director of Student Activites
Department: Student Activites
Location: Main Campus, Building B
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Position #: Assigned by HR
Salary: Assigned by HR
Student Activities Leaders work with the Director of Student Activities, Graduate Assistant, and the CTX Student Activities team to plan and execute co-curricular activities that support and enhance a sense of community at Concordia University Texas. Operating within an assigned budget, they work with a team to develop plans for several events on campus including Week of Welcome and annual events. Student Activities Leaders serve as a role model for all students in CTX spirit, character, involvement, and service.
- Supports the Student Activities Team to plan and execute co-curricular events on and off campus.
- Assist the Director of Student Activities with management of Student Organizations including but not limited to maintaining records and communication, budget tracking, scheduling campus space using Astra
- Interface with external businesses, including University sponsors, and internal departments via email and in person to coordinate events
- Work within an assigned budget and responsibly manage University funds, credit cards, and receipts while also maintaining records of expenditures
- Establish community on campus through partnerships with CTX Environmental Stewardship, CTX Athletics, and Ascend Outdoor Recreation,
- Expected to hold a minimum of 10 office hours per week + additional hours for evening events when necessary
- Must maintain a GPA of 2.25 or higher
- Must be present at Student Activities trainings, programs, and events not in conflict with academic or athletic obligations
- Demonstrate knowledge of campus resources and student support services
- Demonstrate a love for CTX through school spirit and involvement
- Must be able to bend, stoop, lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to sit or stand at a workstation per assigned work
- Must be available to work occasional late nights or weekends
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to perform this job.