Reports To: Director of Student Activities
Department: Student Affairs
Embark Navigators represent Concordia University in a positive manner to incoming first year students and families. They serve as mentors during first year student orientation. They understand and model the campus culture while leading students on campus. Students selected for this position will be provided with training. All meals and a stipend will be provided during training and Embark. Students selected for this position must be available to be on campus from Tuesday, August 18, 2020 through Friday, August 21, 2020.
- Lead a small group students during the August Embark session
- Be accessible over the summer to help create content for virtual events
- Be attentive and responsive to CTX social media
- Perform a wide range of responsibilities in order for each Embark session to be successful
- Provide set-up, facilitation, and breakdown of certain events during Embark
- Foster relationship building among Embark participants
- Strive to ensure Embark participants know they made the right decision to attend Concordia University Texas by modeling the CTX core values
- Monitor student behavior and communicate student needs to staff
- Answer any questions that may arise in an appropriate and accurate manner
- Act as a positive ambassador for Concordia University Texas as they interact with students and families
- All other duties as assigned.
- Be enrolled in the fall 2020 semester.
- Have at least a 2.25 cumulative GPA (2.5 or higher preferred)
- Be in good disciplinary standing with the University
- Possess an understanding of CTX campus culture and all offices on campus
- Be available to be physically on campus beginning on Tuesday, August 18, 2020 through Friday, August 21, 2020.
- Represent Concordia University Texas in a positive manner
- Must be able to lift at least 30lbs
- Must be able to walk for extended periods of time across campus in typical Texas summer temperatures