Reports To: Jenny Chipman
Location: Main campus
The Graduate Assistant for Athletic Admissions works as a team member providing administrative professional assistance for the Admissions Department as needed. Tasks and projects will be assigned by the Athletic Admissions Counselor, and will include calling prospective students, giving campus tours, and serving as an ambassador for Concordia. This position works primarily with our traditional students.
- Administrative Support: Aid the Athletic Admissions Counselor in day-to-day activities as they arise; meet, greet and interact with prospective student-athletes and their families; prepare visit folders with necessary information; lead private campus tours; call prospective student-athletes; work with coaching staff on the details of a prospective student-athlete’s visit; send out postcards and letters when needed; serve as an ambassador for Concordia
- Bachelor’s degree; preferably in a field applicable to the position.
- Be able to commit to work at least 15 hours per week during business hours and be available during non-traditional hours (i.e. evenings and weekends)
- Athletic background is preferred
- Ability to interact with prospective student-athletes and their parents
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Able to dress in business/professional attire and operate in a professional work manner and setting
- Ability to abide by CTX’s values, missions, policies and procedures
- Office setting
- Occasional moderate lifting, 30-50 pounds
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to perform this job.