Reports to: Director of Student Activities
Department: Student Life
Pay rate: $7.25/hr
Maximum hours per week: 6
The Intramural Sport Referee is a position designed to support the Intramural Coordinator in all high intensity competitions specified by the Director of Student Activities. This may include but is not limited to the following sports: flag football, indoor soccer, volleyball, basketball, softball, and ultimate frisbee. This position has the following responsibilities:
- Provides pre-game assistance in the form of setting up equipment and/or fields and assisting in examining the facility for safety hazards.
- Provides quality officiating during contests by viewing and following rules as judiciously as possible.
- Oversees the Intramural Sports contest and ensure participation take place in a safe manner
- Assists in post-game duties including closing down the facility, collecting equipment used, and others assigned by the Intramural Coordinator
- Has knowledge of basic first aid and safety including CPR and can act as a first responder in event of emergency.
Basic knowledge of game rules
CPR/First Aid certified preferred, but training and certification may be provided