Reports To: Incubator Manager
Department: Incubator for Innovation and Impact
Location: Main Campus FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Classification Level: Student Worker I
The Incubator for Innovation and Impact was established as a partnership between Concordia University Texas, an Austin-based institution of higher education, and Tech Ranch, an Austin startup accelerator. The Incubator for Innovation and Impact is a department of Concordia University and employees will be University student employees.
The Incubator is designed to enrich the community with an accessible ecosystem that amplifies an entrepreneurs resources, opportunities, and impact. The Incubators framework enables entrepreneurs to discover and execute business practices that positively impact local and global communities. The Incubator is located on the main campus of Concordia University in NW Austin off of Hwy 620 (11400 Concordia University Dr., Austin, TX 78726).
The Office Coordinator role will be an integral part of the Incubator's success. This is a part-time work study position and reports to the Incubator Manager. The Office Coordinator will ensure that the Incubators space is well-maintained, records are properly kept, members are engaged, and innovation and community are supported.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Incubator which includes answering calls and e-mails, giving tours, assisting members, and other tasks as needed.
- Schedule events, conference rooms, etc.
- Maintain detailed records through the CRM and appropriate channels.
- Support and record members administrative needs as requested by members.
- Organize office operations and procedures.
- Maintain the neatness, organization, and order of the physical space.
- Orient and train new team members as needed.
- Check and update supplies - coffee, cups, snacks, printer paper, etc.
- Plan and execute educational and social events.
- Facilitate connections among members and with mentors.
- Other related duties as required
- Qualify for work study in the Spring 2017 semester
- Available to work 8-19 hours per week
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Flexible and quick-learner
- Knowledge of office and administrative tasks
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (experience with Word, Excel, Google Docs and Google Sites a plus)
- Experience managing others a plus
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds
Concordia University Texas is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer affiliated with the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS). As a private, faith-based University, employees must be supportive of our mission of Developing Christian Leaders and our spiritual principles and values as a Lutheran institution of higher education. To the extent allowed by law, we reserve the right to give preference in employment based upon religion. For additional information, please visit our website at incubatorctx.com
- Answer the following questions:
What are you passionate about?
Outside your major, what are you most interested in learning?
What makes you a good candidate for this position?
Email above info to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line Office Coordinator Applicant
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to perform this job.