Reports To: Celina Brown
Department: Police Department
Location: Main Campus
This position will assist with basic support functions in the Police Department front office which may include special projects, research, bookkeeping and preparation of publications.
- Process incoming phone calls; dispatch appropriate emergency response and monitor radio traffic for appropriate police response as required
- Effectively enter and retrieve community records of citations, permits, keys and IDs
- Maintain dependable recordkeeping system for 3 previous years of citations, permits, keys and IDs
- Research information to support officers in the field through Police RMS System, S2, Banner, Texas Department of Motor Vehicles, TLETS and NLETS
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in office setting
- Strong organizational and customer service skills, especially in potential emergency situations
- Working knowledge of standard office equipment, internet and MS Office products including: Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work with a variety of people and personalities
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize day-to-day assignments
- Must be able to bend, stoop, lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to sit at a workstation the necessary hours of assigned work schedule
- Must be able to verbally articulate information and have mobility to reach and access emergency sites as needed
- Ability to work occasional non-traditional hours
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to perform this job.