Reports To: Director of Advancement Services
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Location: Main Campus
The alumni relations student assistant will provide support to the office of advancement by assisting with alumni and donor relations including event management, outreach and record maintenance. This position will also assist with social media and e-communications for university constituents.
- Assist with event planning
- Communicate with donors and alumni regarding upcoming events and/or their donations to the University.
- Assist with record management and contact information updates in donor and alumni database
- Assist with prospect research and information verification
- Provide social media and e-communications support for alumni and donor relations staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Punctual, dependable, ability to provide meticulous detail and to maintain confidentiality
- Possess a professional demeanor
- Ability to learn computer programs quickly
- Strong oral and written command of English
- Basic social media competency
- Interest in learning about fundraising, including donor relations and donor appreciation
- Interest in staying informed of campus activities and current events within the CTX community (including mission, vision, strategic initiatives)
- Have an enthusiastic and positive attitude and interested in talking with people who have a connection to Concordia University Texas
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Enjoy meeting and speaking with new people
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends as needed
- Must be able to bend, stoop, lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to sit or stand at a workstation per assigned work
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to perform this job.