Reports To: Maggie Loar
Department: Student Central
Location: Main Campus
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Student Worker will assist within the Student Central office must have demonstrated on campus leadership and knowledge base. The Student Central Student Worker will play a key supportive role during the first week of the semester, registration week, and during the summer.
THE DUTIES & TRAINING WILL BE EXPANDED TO COVER THE FOLLOWING AREAS
- Financial aid information,Accounting issues,
- Confidential student records and files,
- Higher-level registration concerns.
- Work between 6-12 hours per week,
- Work 10-12 weeks of each long academic semester,
- Work during summers as opportunities become available,
- Be trained by various CTX key staff,
- Be supervised by Director and Assistant Director of Student Financial Planning
- Maintain an exceptional level of professionalism, responsibility, discretion and customer service,
- Remain in good academic standing as a full-time student with a clear judicial history,
- Serve as a role model for CTX students.
- Organizational skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Professional Phone Etiquette
- Email Etiquette
- Understanding of Title IV and Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) regulations and other regulatory issues relevant to position
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
- Ability to efficiently and effectively solve problems
- Ability to handle large volume of incoming calls and walk-ins, and work well under pressure and during peak seasons
- Ability to navigate the Internet and use common search engines (Yahoo, MSN, Google, etc.)
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, manage administrative projects and multi-task
- Ability to operate a desktop computer (PC) and other standard office equipment (fax machine, copiers, printers, scanners, etc.)
- Ability to articulate and support CTXs values and Code of Conduct and a demonstrated history of strong integrity and high moral character
*Director level approval is needed prior to hiring.