Reports To: Head Coach Women’s Basketball
Location: Austin Main
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Position #: 000834
A Fitness Center (FC) Assistant is responsible for enforcing the rules and policies of the fitness center. FC Assistants are responsible for monitoring the fitness center and all the participants. They must learn how to correctly use the weight machines and be able to provide assistance when needed. Additional responsibilities include cleaning the machines and cardio equipment and practicing good customer service.
- Provide a safe environment for participants
- Provide customer service to the patrons
- Submit reports for broken or damaged equipment
- Check ID card for entry into facility
- Clean and maintain the fitness center
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledgeable on how to correctly use and adjust machines
- Knowledgeable on spotting techniques in the weight room
- Should be First Aid/CPR/AED certified.
- Be able to move up to 45 lbs.
- Morning, night or weekend hours may be required.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to perform this job.