Campus Ministry serves the students, faculty, and staff of Concordia University Texas,
through proclaiming the truth, salvation, and love of Jesus Christ.
We work and live for Him and furthering His Kingdom. (John 14:6)
Looking for the Chapel bulletin? Look under "Live Chapel This Semester" below!
The Theme for the Year
Our theme for 2020-2021 is Concordia: With One Heart, Joyful in Hope (Romans 12:4-13).
Being "joyful in hope" is living out the Gospel in this world, knowing that we are waiting for a perfect Kingdom to come, and yet the reign of Jesus Christ is now, and real, and eternal. Every weekday, we proclaim that God made you, that Jesus lived, died, and was resurrected for you, and that he will come again to bring you to himself. There is no greater joy in the world than in this hope we have – and in this joy, we pray that you will join us for Chapel.
Live Chapel this Semester (MWF)
Concordia: With One Heart, Joyful in Hope (Romans 12:4-13).
With one heart, we join together at 10am this Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for chapel, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Weekly Theme: Joyful in Hope: Parable of the Lost Son (Luke 15: 11-32)
Sign Up for Chapel attendance at https://ctxchapel.eventbrite.com
The livestream links:
- Monday, October 26 https://youtu.be/-sVxZzq3_CY (Message by Dr. Tom Cedel)
- Wednesday, October 28 https://youtu.be/xD01OfpwEew (Message by Dr. Carl Trovall)
- Friday, October 30 https://youtu.be/d54-Jn8Lq84 (no speaker)
Devotion sent by email:
- Tuesday, October 27 (Message by Rev. Walt Pohland)
- Thursday, October 29 (Message by Pastor Steve Fick)
Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday this year, we invite you to pray with us, to read the Word of God with us, to praise and thank God for his mercy, and to ask God for His protection, His blessing, and His grace.
The current pandemic has highlighted that we yearn to be together, and it can be painful when we cannot do so. COVID-19 has also highlighted our Christian responsibility to each other: while we are free in Christ from fear of death, we are bound to love our neighbor and practice the self-sacrificial love modeled by Jesus Christ. Our responsibility to keep each other safe is God-given and sacred, so we wear masks, we physically distance ourselves, and we observe safety protocols not just because it keeps us and others safe, but because we are joyful in Christ to serve others in this way.
Because of this sacred responsibility, we will limit our chapel gatherings to 30 people, who must be masked at all times while in the Chapel and observe physical distancing requirements. We'll do some things differently; for a while, we may sing less, and pray quietly more.
Because we will be limited our gathering to 30 people, those coming to chapel must sign up to do so. We invite you to sign up at https://ctxchapel.eventbrite.com. If chapel that day is full, we ask that you find another date (or add yourself to the waitlist!).
Every Tuesday and Thursday, we'll send a devotion out by e-mail. Those who were part of our community last academic year (and over the summer!) will remember these:
- a Bible reading to read yourself read by someone form our community
- a message by speakers from all over the country,
- prayers we invite you to pray with us and read by someone from our community,
- and music for you to listen to throughout your day that reflects our message.
“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” Romans 12:12
The Campus Ministry Team at Concordia wants to be able to pray for your needs, so we are collecting prayer requests from our Concordia family. We encourage and invite you to send your prayer requests to email@example.com.
If you want your request to be confidential (just for Pastor Fick), simply put “Confidential” in the subject line. All other requests will be prayed for by the Campus Ministry Prayer Team, which is currently Andrea McDonald, Pat Fick, and Pastor Fick, but we welcome others to join us! If you are interested in becoming part of this prayer team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7
For pastoral care, contact: Pastor Steve Fick (512-695-2087)
Due to COVID-19 we will be limiting the number of people in chapel and requiring reservations to attend chapel We will be livestreaming our M/W/F Chapel services and providing a devotional email on T/Th.
Because we will be limited our gathering to 30 people, those coming to chapel must sign up to do so. We invite you to sign up at https://ctxchapel.eventbrite.com.
Pray with each other, sing when we can, and hold on to those bits of Scripture and song we have shared nearly every day for the past months. Please look for our Daily Devotion each day beginning March 30, and consider using some of the resources (see the Resources tab above).
For pastoral counseling, spiritual care, someone to pray with, and encouragement, please contact our Campus Pastor, Pastor Fick (click the "Campus Ministry Team" tab above for his contact information, including cell phone and e-mail.)
Students and community experiencing an emergency should contact Emergency Resources, seek medical care when necessary, and please let us know how we can pray for you.
If you're a member of our campus community and looking for information about our community's COVID-19 response or need more resources because of it, please see our university's Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information.
Regular time in God's Word is important! Consider using one of the following resources to help augment your time in Scripture:
- YouVersion (especially the app version) has lots of great Bible Studies which can be done individually or in groups. https://www.bible.com/reading-plans
- Right Now Media has a ton of videos for personal study, kids, families, pastors, teachers, and more! To get access to this program text RIGHTNOW CTX to 41411. You will need to build your profile and create a password.
- Our Daily Bread: Helping you connect with God. Every Day. Every Way. https://odb.org/
- Lutheran Church Charities Daily Devotions: https://www.lutheranchurchcharities.org/devotions.html
- Two Minute Multiplier by Bill Woolsey: https://fivetwo.com/resources/
- Lutheran Hour Ministries Daily Devotions: https://www.lhm.org/dailydevotions/default.asp?date=20200908
Mission and Outreach
Here are five questions that help us FOCUS on living on mission with Jesus every day.
- Where do I see Jesus at work around me?
- What am I learning from God's Word?
- What conversations am I having with others?
- How can I serve others?
- How can I pray for you?
Missions: Want to learn about other cultures, lend a helping hand, and share your faith? Check out the opportunities at Student Ministry and Missions.
Pastor Steven Fick, M.Div
Joshua Chai, DMA
Carl C. Trovall, Ph.D