You can now talk to your tutor!
Watch this video to see how: How to talk to your tutor.
Free Online Tutoring Available for CTX students!
Through a partnership with Tutor.com, the Success Center will offer 24/7 online tutoring that connects students one-to-one with a subject expert tutor the minute they need assistance. The tutoring service can be accessed from any Internet-enabled computer or mobile device.
Students are allotted 8 hours every semester.
Online tutoring is available in the following subject areas:
- Math: Fundamentals of Math, Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Calculus, Geometry, Introduction to Statistics, Business Statistics, Discrete Math
- Science: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Human Anatomy and Physiology, Organic Chemistry, Microbiology
- Writing: Literature Assistance, Reading Comprehension
- English: American, British, European, and World Literature
- History: U.S. History, Western Civilization and American Government and Citizenship
- Business: Accounting, Finance, Economics, Principles of Management
- En Espanol: Math, Science and Social Studies
- Foreign Language: French and Spanish
- Computer Science: C++, Java, Microsoft (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Intro to Psychology
- Research Methods: available between 5pm and 11pm CST
- Nursing: Medical Terminology, Care Plans, Pathophysiology, Parmacology, and Medical-Surgical. available between 3pm and 11pm CST
Additionally, the program also offers resources such as study tools, lessons, test prep materials, and instructional videos.
When using the Drop off Essay Review please be aware that each essay is reviewed for 30 minutes and returned within 24 hours of submission. If a more extensive review is necessary , please resubmit or use the On Demand tutoring option .
- Blackboard users-sign into account and click on the Tutor.com link in the left column on your course pages.
- Moodle users-sign into account and Tutor.com will be located underneath the Deans Message.
- Select your topic, subject, and type in your question
- Get a tutor
- After you work with a tutor, you can:
- Print your session or share it via email or Facebook
- Review your session again at any time
- Save your tutor as a Favorite
- Have a question or concept you would like to review with a tutor ready. Enter your question and any important notes in the pre-session survey. This will save you time while you are in a session with a tutor.
- It is important that you remove any identifying information (like your name) from your documents before uploading them into the classroom. Upload your papers in advance on the pre-session page to maximize your tutoring time.