Free Online Tutoring Available for CTX students!
Through a partnership with Tutor.com, the Success Center will offer 24/7 online tutoring that connects students one-to-one with a subject expert tutor the minute they need assistance. The tutoring service can be accessed from any Internet-enabled computer or mobile device.
Students are allotted 8 hours every semester.
Online tutoring is available in the following subject areas:
- Math: Fundamentals of Math, Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Calculus, Geometry, Introduction to Statistics, Business Statistics, Discrete Math
- Science: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Human Anatomy and Physiology, Organic Chemistry, Microbiology
- Writing: Literature Assistance, Reading Comprehension
- History: U.S. History, Western Civilization and American Government and Citizenship
- Business: Accounting, Finance, Economics, Principles of Management
- En Espanol: Math, Science and Social Studies
- Foreign Language: French and Spanish
- Computer Science: Microsoft
- Research Methods
Additionally, the program also offers resources such as study tools, lessons, test prep materials, and instructional videos.
- Blackboard users-sign into account and click on the Tutor.com link in the left column on your course pages.
- Moodle users-sign into account and Tutor.com will be located underneath the Deans Message.
- Select your topic, subject, and type in your question
- Get a tutor
- After you work with a tutor, you can:
- Print your session or share it via email or Facebook
- Review your session again at any time
- Save your tutor as a Favorite
- Have a question or concept you would like to review with a tutor ready. Enter your question and any important notes in the pre-session survey. This will save you time while you are in a session with a tutor.
- It is important that you remove any identifying information (like your name) from your documents before uploading them into the classroom. Upload your papers in advance on the pre-session page to maximize your tutoring time.