Scholarships are provided through generous donations from individuals or community partners and are available for students enrolled in the College of Business & Communication.
Schjerven Business Leadership Scholarship & Norman W. Holmes Scholarship
Concordia University Texas and the College of Business & Communication are pleased to announce that applications are now being taken for the Schjerven Business Leadership Scholarship. This scholarship, funded through a gift by Bob and Anita Schjerven, will provide two $10,000 scholarships for the 2021-22 academic year to business students in the College of Business & Communication.
For the 2021-22 academic year, junior or senior applicants (traditional and nontraditional) who apply for the Schjerven Scholarship and meet all of the criteria will also be considered for one additional scholarship. The runner-up of the Schjerven scholarship will instead receive the Norman W. Holmes Endowment Scholarship.
The outstanding Concordia students who are selected to receive this award should meet all qualifications in the following areas:
- The recipients of this scholarship are full-time students at Concordia.
- Students receiving these funds are in good academic and disciplinary standing and have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Preference will be given to a student with a documented financial need above $10,000 per year as determined through Concordia's Financial Aid guidelines.
- One scholarship will be awarded to a student classified as a junior or senior (traditional and nontraditional) according to the number of credit hours achieved as set by the Registrar's office (12 hours for traditional students, 9 hours for nontraditional students).
- One scholarship will be awarded to a graduate student enrolled in the Concordia MBA full time (6 hours). Graduate students must have completed two semesters within the MBA program.
- The students are pursuing business degrees in the College of Business & Communication
- Demonstrate mastery of business subjects and, by their seriousness of purpose and enthusiasm for the business curriculum, strongly indicate potential for substantial success in that endeavor;
- Exhibit successful entrepreneurial traits through personal accomplishment and industriousness;
- Grow in interpersonal skills and clearly embrace the heart for servant leadership,
serving the common good within their various communities; and
- Be clearly committed to Christian principles and put Jesus Christ first in their lives.
Required Supporting Documentation:
- Resume of related work and activities
- List of 3 references
- Letter of reference
- Essay describing your need and vocational calling (3-4 pages)
Scholarship applications will be accepted until 5 p.m. on Tuesday, March 2, 2021.
Due to COVID-19 safety precautions, all application materials must be scanned and emailed. No physical copies will be accepted.
Please send your scholarship application and all required supporting documentation to Linda.Bullock@concordia.edu.