CELEBRATING 100 YEARS OF CHRISTIAN HIGHER EDUCATION
Dear Concordia University Texas Alumni,
Join us in celebrating Concordia University Texas turning 100 in 2026 by participating in our Oral History project. The project will capture and share the incredible stories that define the Concordia University Texas experience from the perspective of alumni from various generations.
Your Concordia University Texas journey is integral to our rich legacy. This project will allow us to preserve your treasured moments and commemorate the collective accomplishments of our alumni community.
Collaborating with Publishing Concepts, Inc. (PCI), we will compile your stories into a beautiful commemorative book that reflects the profound influence of Concordia University Texas on who you are today.
Look out for further communication from PCI with instructions on contributing your narrative to this treasured collection.
Thank you for being essential to the Concordia University Texas alumni family. Together, let us celebrate our rich heritage and the remarkable contributions of our alumni as we approach our centennial milestone.
With warm regards,
Concordia University Texas
You will receive a postcard and email from members of the PCI team asking you to call them, verify your information, and share your story. While the PCI representative will ask if you would like to purchase a commemorative package at the end of your call, NO PURCHASE is NECESSARY to participate. Please see the section below for more information.
I received an email/postcard/phone call from a company asking for my personal information
and a story about Concordia University Texas. Tell me more about the project.
We have partnered with PCI (also known as Publishing Concepts) to produce an Oral History Publication for Concordia University Texas. PCI is a family owned business based in Dallas, TX that has published directories for educational institutions, fraternities, sororities, and military organizations across the nation for over 100 years. This project allows us to hear about your personal experiences from your time at Concordia University Texas and how the school helped to shape your life since then. And, while we have you on the phone, we want to make sure your contact information is up to date.
Does Concordia University Texas benefit from this at all?
Yes, in a few different ways:
- Updated Information – allows us to effectively communicate with and engage alumni
- Legacy – sharing and collecting stories preserves the history of our school
- Pride – wearing apparel shows support and love for our school
How do I know my information will only be used for Oral History Project purposes?
PCI is committed to protecting your information. The names, addresses and information provided to PCI for the publication of the Oral History Project will be held confidential by PCI, except to the extent that they are utilized in, or in the preparation of, the Oral History Project and except as required by court order or law.
I would like to verify or update my information and share a story. How may I do this?
- If you have received a postcard or an email with a telephone number, you may call the number to speak with a dedicated representative for the Oral History Project. The representative will verify the information we have on file for you, make any updates where needed, and then ask you to share your story about your time at Concordia University Texas. Your story will be recorded and the sound clip provided to Concordia University Texas at the conclusion of the project.
- If you have received an email with an embedded link, you may go to the online site to review your information and submit a story.
- If you did not receive a postcard or email, you may call the dedicated Concordia University Texas update line at 1-866-497-7124.
- If you are living internationally or are unable to call the update line, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. PCI will send you a personalized link for you to share your written story and photo.
How can I participate if I am Deaf/Hard of Hearing?
If you would like to participate and are Deaf/Hard of Hearing, please email
- email@example.com. PCI will send you a personalized link for you to share your written story and photo.
Can I choose what information prints in the publication?
The only information that is included in the publication is your name, class year and degree, along with your story and photo. No contact information is printed. When you call to update your contact information, it will only be used to update your alumni record for the school/alumni association. You may revoke consent for your story and/or photo to appear any time before by contacting PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-982-1590 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
I updated my information but need some more time to think about what experience to
You can call back at any time before to share your story.
I shared a story and the representative said I could send a photo. How do I do this?
You will receive an email with a link to upload one photo (black and white or color) plus a caption. If you have also purchased a book but do not have an email address on file, you will be sent a photo mailer to send a physical photo in to be printed (note: the photo will be returned if you include a self-addressed, stamped envelope).
Can anyone purchase a book?
The Concordia University Texas Oral History Publication is available for sale only to Concordia University Texas alumni.
When will I receive my book?
The total duration of the Oral History Project is about 12-14 months. Since we began the project in July 2023, the books will be distributed in July-September 2024.
I ordered a book / package over the phone and would like to cancel my order. How do
I do this?
Contact PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-982-1590 and they will take care of this for you.