Walking Alongside Jesus: A Transformative Experience at the Beautiful Feet Mission Conference
This year, a dedicated group of students, faculty, and staff from Concordia University Texas embarked on a journey to the Beautiful Feet Missions Conference in Nebraska. Filled with anticipation, the group approached the event with a sense of purpose and the hope for a meaningful and impactful experience.
From November 9th to 12th, this time of reflection and connection profoundly touched their hearts and lives, and ignited their shared aspiration to walk alongside Jesus on His mission.
At the flagpole on the CTX campus, three 15-passenger vans converged along with the enthusiasm of 30 students and six staff members ready to begin an adventure and learn about living on mission with Jesus!
After many hours on the road, the group arrived at the Nebraska border, stopped to take a photo, and rejoiced that they would soon reach their destination!
The Beautiful Feet Mission Conference
The Beautiful Feet Mission Conference is an annual mission conference for college students that began in 1998. It rotates to each of the universities in the Concordia University System and provides hands-on service projects, seminars, worship, fellowship, and opportunities to talk with and learn from missionaries! Concordia Texas hosted the Beautiful Feet Conference in 2005, 2010, 2014, and 2018.
Preparing to Shine
This year’s theme was Preparing to Shine, based on 1 Peter 3:15, “But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.” The keynote speaker for the conference was Greg Finke, author of Joining Jesus on His Mission: How to Be an Everyday Missionary.
- “I learned that this life is through Jesus. We are on his mission. I took away that I should not fear judgement. People who aren’t Christians aren’t scary.” — Lizzie Tacchetti
- “Being missional is for everyone. It’s not about how far you go or with how many people, but rather joining Jesus on His grand adventure.” — Brooke Martin
- “Give kindness—not just to the people who deserve it, but to the people who need it!” — Tre Quintanilla
- “Clarity of faith brings intentionality!” — Sophie Lee
- “Each person is uniquely created to carry on God’s call, and it is a joy that we are able to!” —Ty Broyles
- “I’ve learned how to be a better friend and missionary!” — Kate Rehurek
- “God is with you. Everything you do is not for God, it is with God.” — Kalle Chaplin
- “Beautiful Feet has reminded me of the passion I have for sharing the Gospel with others and the desire to walk alongside all kinds of people in their faith life.” — Isabelle Finley
- “One thing I want to do is be intentional in my day-to-day life because you never know how your actions or words may minister to others.” — Logan King
- “I learned that the work we do as Christians is not us, it’s Christ in us! I will forever remember the Beautiful Feet Mission Conference 2023!” — Abby Hobert
At Concordia Texas, Student Ministry and Go Missions provide students ways to grow in Christ intellectually, relationally, and experientially. Find out ways you can get involved!Learn More