It's raining, it's pouring...but that doesn't mean it has to be boring! There's plenty to do on and off campus, regardless of rain showers. Here are 10 ideas to get you started.
1. Make it a board games night. Bored? Board games might be the solution. Start playing some games in the Student Center and see how many new friends you meet. The more the merrier!
2. Utilize the residence hall lounge area. Guess what our dorms have in the lounge? Flat screen televisions, pool tables, a ping pong table, a foosball table, a small kitchenette, study rooms and an electric piano! Go crazy!
3. Capture it on camera. Rain is already so aesthetically pleasing that snapping a picture of our stunning campus will really get you likes. P.S., follow us on Instagram and share your best campus photos!
4. Call your parents. But really, call your mom and dad. They definitely miss you, and sometimes a text message doesn't cut it.
5. Read a book. Read a book you aren’t required to read for a class. We have an amazing library full of books just waiting to be discovered. If you haven't yet, check out this year's Common Reader.
6. Check out some new music. Has someone recommended an album to you that you’ve never made time for? Or maybe a song? Is your iTunes playlist from 2010? Take the time to listen to new music that might inspire you.
7. Complete a task you always put off. It's easier to procrastinate when the sun is out. There aren't tons of rainy days in Austin, so now might be the time to go ahead and finally organize your closet, fold your laundry, clean your dorm or complete your most intimidating assignments. If you start now, you can use the weekend to catch up on those Z's.
8. Create a homemade Slip 'N Slide. If you have trouble meeting new people, this is your chance! Find a way to execute this on campus and be forever CTX famous!
9. Bake cookies. Be sure to share!
10. Shop for gear. Rain boots, umbrellas and rain jackets are all things you can stock up on so you're more prepared for the next wave of precipitation. Make it purple and gold!