Teacher candidates preparing for the teaching ministry in a Christian school not affiliated with The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod shall complete the Education Content Curriculum or Education Interdisciplinary Education degree and all certification requirements in a content area approved for Concordia University Texas by the Texas Education Agency.
In addition, to receive the Christian Teacher Diploma (CTD) designation, students will complete the following courses:
- EDU 3261 Vocation of the Christian Educator
- EDU 3333 Teaching Religion
- REL 1301 New Testament History
- REL 1311 History and Literature of the Old Testament
- 6 additional hours of Religion (REL or MIN) coursework