Library Research Guides
- CTX Library Guides
- Archival Resources Online: Concordia University Texas on the Portal to Texas History
- Comparing Scholarly and Popular Periodicals (PDF)
- Evaluating Websites (PDF)
- Library of Congress Subject Classification Guide (PDF)
- Primary and Secondary Sources (PDF)
- Punctuation Pattern Guide (PDF)
- Writing a Research Paper (PDF)
Citation and Copyright Guides
- APA Style - OWL: Purdue Online Writing Lab reflects the 7th ed.
- Chicago Manual of Style 17th Edition - OWL: Purdue Online Writing Lab
- MLA, 8th edition - OWL: Purdue Online Writing Lab
- Turabian Style Guide (PDF)
- Chicago-Style Citation Quick Guide - The Chicago Manual of Style Online
- Notes-Bibliography or Turabian is for Humanities & Theology
- Author-Date is for some science styles.
- Associated Press (AP) Style - OWL: Purdue Online Writing Lab
- APA Academic Writer (formerly APA Style Central) - American Psychological Association - The official resource on APA Style (tutorials, templates, + research, writing & publishing tools). Create a free account with your CTX email.
- When to Use a Quotation, Paraphrase, or Summary (PDF)
- Plagiarism vs. Copyright (PDF)
- Citing Wikipedia - Information on how to cite Wikipedia articles, including examples in different styles.
- A Complete Guide to MLA 8th Edition: EasyBib, a Chegg Service
- OWL: Purdue Online Writing Lab [Main Site] - Purdue University
- PLAGIARISM CHECKER (not strictly citation help, but may be useful when writing)
- Grammarly.com get the Chrome extension or desktop app (not strictly citation help, but may be useful when writing)
- CTX Academic Support:
- Success Center (for info on all programs)
- CTX Peer Tutoring
- Get free online help via Tutor.com by going to your course in Bb Learn (the prepaid link will be found there in the lower left corner)
- Writing Center
- Math Center
- The Speaking Center
- KnightCite: Hekman Library, Calvin College - Free citation generator.
- OttoBib - Free book citations using ISBN.
- EasyBib, a Chegg Service - Free MLA citations; EasyBib Pro required for APA and Chicago citations. Check for unintentional plagiarism.
- Zotero - (may be more helpful for grad students) Free browser plugin, stand-alone webpage, or app that allows you to create and save citations directly from the web.
- Mendeley - (may be more helpful for grad students) Free browser plugin, stand-alone webpage, or app that allows you to create and save citations directly from the web.
- Code of Best Practices in Fair Use for Academic and Research Libraries : Association of Research Libraries
- Digital Copyright Slider: Find out if a work is protected by U.S. Copyright.
- Fair Use Evaluator - Copyright tool helping to determine what is "fair use."
- Owning and Using Scholarship: An IP Handbook for Teachers and Researchers (PDF) by Kevin L. Smith, JD
- Reproduction of Copyrighted Works by Educators and Librarians (PDF): U.S. Copyright Office
- Copyright.gov: U.S. Copyright Office - Extensive information on U.S. Copyright law.
- Getting to Article Databases (North Carolina State University--substitute Jumpstart for Summon)
- Heritage Quest (ProQuest)
LexisNexis Uni (Support pages)
- Literary Reference Center (EBSCO) (4 minutes)
- MEDLINE (EBSCO)
- Searching Techniques (PDF)
- TDS Health (formerly STAT!Ref) (tutorials)
- TexShare Database Tutorials (Texas State Library Archives Commission)
- Wikipedia: Beneath the Surface (North Carolina State University) (5-6 minutes)