Take the Next Step Toward Being a Tornado!
At this event, admitted students are welcome to come and celebrate all it means to Be A Tornado! At Be A Tornado Day, you can complete the financial aid process, apply for housing, make your commitment, and register for summer orientation.
We'll have interactive sessions, giveaways, and a chance to experience life as a CTX
Tornado by interacting with current students, staff, and faculty! Our knowledgeable
and experienced Admissions Counselors will also be present to answer any questions
you have and guide you through the financial aid process.
Join us for this exciting pep rally style event!
Be A Tornado Day
March 5, 2022 | 10:00AM-2:00PM CST
If you're unable to make Be A Tornado Day, consider visiting campus for a personalized tour!
Tentative Schedule of Events
What Does the Day Look Like?
Admitted Prospective Students and their families are invited to come for a sneak peak into student life as a part of Tornado Nation.
- Stay tuned for more details coming soon!
- Hear from current students, staff and faculty about life as a Tornado. Eat great food, find out more about the new res halls - opening Fall 2022, and maybe find your new roommate!
- Admissions and Financial Aid staff available for questions about the entire admissions process, from application to registering for classes.
Pending Event Agenda
9:45 - 10:00 AM Check-In Open 10:15 AM Welcome and Meet the Admissions Team 10:30 AM Student Life Panel 11:00 AM Student Success at CTX Panel Discussion (Parents + Guardians) 11:00 AM Student Activities Mixer (Students) 11:45 AM Lunch featuring Q+A Session with President & CEO Dr. Don Christian 12:00 PM Optional CTX v UT Dallas Softball Game 12:45 PM Mix + Mingle: CTX Spirit + Fun 1:00 PM Campus Tour featuring New Res Life Hall Special Presentation 2:30 PM Campus Tour featuring New Res Life Hall Special Presentation
CTX at a Glance
Concordia University Texas at a Glance
- Concordia's main campus is located on 440 acres in Northwest Austin.
- Concordia is regionally accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of College and Schools.
- We offer 24 undergraduate majors across four colleges and four schools: College of Arts & Sciences, College of Business and Communication, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, School of Fine Arts, School of Humanities & Social Sciences, School of Natural & Applied Sciences, and School of Nursing. CTX also offers graduate degrees in Business Administration, Nursing, and Education and a doctorate degree in Education
- Concordia is home to 2700+ students - 60% female and 40% male.
- 80% of our students receive at least some form of financial aid.
- Our student/faculty ratio is 15:1.
- There is one residence hall with two wings on campus. Regents Hall, a state-of-the-art dorm, will be completed for the Fall 2022 semester.
- Concordia intercollegiate athletics compete in NCAA Division III's American Southwest Conference. Sports include baseball, basketball, cross country, golf, soccer, softball, tennis, volleyball, and track and field. Concordia Esports, the newest addition to varsity athletics, competes in the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference.
Why Choose CTX?
Why Choose Concordia University Texas?
At Concordia University Texas, you're more than just a number. You'll never fall of the radar.
CTX gives you one-on-one support in all areas of your higher education journey:
- An admissions counselor guides you from application to enrollment.
- Academic and financial planners guide you from enrollment to graduation.
- Student Central serves as the one-stop shop for any questions you have.
- An average class size of 15 allows you to interact directly with your professors.
- The Academic Support Center delivers free tutoring plus help with math, speaking, and writing.
- Vocation & ProfessionaDevleopmentnt provides a full range of career services (e.g., assessments, resume and interview prep, job search help, etc.).
Concordia University Texas is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate, bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Contact the SACSCOC at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Concordia University Texas.