Whether you are pregnant, parenting, or planning, you may want to access online and in-person parenting resources in the Austin community.
Classes in the Austin Community
- Partners in Parenting (PIP) facilitates weekly groups to connect new parents as they process the experience of becoming new parents and learn tips and resources through discussion and guest speakers. PIP offers prenatal, new parent, and second (or third onward) time parent
- Strong Start Parenting Support offers free individual parenting classes for parents of children 0-11 years of age. Clients may have access to mental health services, crisis intervention services, and positive social and emotional development lessons for a child between three to five years old. Male caregivers can also receive support from fatherhood specialists.
- Austin Child Guidance Center provides mental health services to children and their families, including group therapy, individual and family therapy, psychiatric services, psychological assessments, and a walk-in clinic. All of the clinical services are offered in English and Spanish.
- The Best 10 Parenting Classes explore this helpful Yelp list for The Best 10 Parenting Classes in Austin, TX.
Assistance in the Austin Community
- Austin Diaper Bank Parents can receive assistance with diapers by reaching out to one of 30 local agencies that work in partnership with Austin Diaper Bank to provide free diapers year-round.
- Any Baby Can provides a variety of services for the well-being of everyone in the home. They offer parenting and childbirth classes in both English and Spanish throughout the year. The Nurse-Family Partnership pairs first time mothers with a registered nurse who can support the family until the child turns two years old. Their Children’s Hearing Aid Texas (CHAT) program provides auditory services, including service coordination, education and coaching, and financial assistance. CARE/Candlelighters provides programming for families with children who have special health care needs or are coping with cancer. Families enrolled in Any Baby Can programs may qualify for financial assistance.
- Women Infant Child (WIC) is the special supplemental nutrition program for pregnant women, mothers, and young children. Participants learn about nutrition and how to stay healthy and receive benefits to purchase healthy foods. Services are free to those who are eligible.
- Baby feeding resources are available both online and in the Austin community.
- Giving Austin Labor Support (GALS) provides emotional and physical support to families during their birthing experience.
- Students, Parents & Educators – Texas Workforce Commission, for childcare assistance.
Our mission is to promote awareness, provide education and increase the resources necessary for the prevention and treatment of peripartum mood disorders to the professional and public community.PPHATX
Our mission is to bring clean, reusable cloth diapers to economically disadvantaged families, Military families overseas, foster families, and special needs families, ensuring cloth for all.Cloth for All