What Does it Look Like to Study Business at Concordia?
The world runs on business, and students studying Business at Concordia University Texas will be successful in critical thinking, creativity, communication and leadership. Classes are small and taught by experts in their industry, so every student gets the attention they deserve. Beyond the classroom, our students benefit from our close collaboration and partnership with Austin's dynamic business community.
Receiving a BBA at Concordia University Texas will prepare you for success in multiple careers and industries. Choosing one of our many concentrations will give you depth in a field of study as well as a broad understanding of the many aspects of business. With an emphasis on critical thinking and quantitative skills, graduates are also well-prepared for graduate study after they complete their degree.
Business Curriculum Overview
As a student in the BBA program, you will be engaged from your very first class to your last. From Introduction to Business and Entrepreneurship to your final Capstone class, you will be:
- Working in teams
- Creating presentations
- Collaborating with fellow students
- Meeting and hearing from industry professionals
Our faculty are expert instructors and professionals in their fields of study. Many come to Concordia directly from industry with the most current business practices and advances. Classes also invite guest speakers who come and share their learnings with you and even offer to meet with students after class. Incubator CTX, an entrepreneurial hub for Northwest Austin entrepreneurs, is one of many excellent resources of which our Business students can take advantage.
Here are some highlighted courses:
Management Information Systems: This course provides students with a fundamental understanding of information technology in contemporary business environments and presents core MIS principles with which every business student should be familiar. Students will also study real cases that are associated with IS applications in order to understand the issues in IS disciplines and the changing role of the IS professional.
Market Research: This course will provide an introduction to market research as a business decision-making tool. Students will learn how market research can help them understand consumer attitudes and preferences to make business decisions and how to transform research findings into actionable business recommendations. Students will work with a real-world client on a research project to define the business problem, develop a research plan, collect and analyze data, and present findings and implications.
BBA graduates experience a rigorous level of business education at Concordia in the College of Business & Communication. The professors:
- Challenge students to think differently and out of the box
- Counsel students on different job opportunities and career choices
- Take students on trips to explore different businesses, locally and internationally
- Share their faith and how to incorporate the student’s personal faith into their career
"When I came to Concordia I was unsure of my career path. I chose Business Administration
because it was intriguing to me. Little did I know that the classes I took, the professors
that advised me, and the projects I took part in would guide me to a career in marketing.
Because of Concordia’s business school, I succeeded in becoming a marketing coordinator
and not only found a job right out of college but found my calling too."
- Alexandra Bowden, Class of 2019
“For the past few months, my family has been buried in research and analysis as we
pursue our dream. I’ve called upon the principles I learned in finance time and again
to ensure the details are accounted for. Because of these lessons and the professor’s
willingness to hold students accountable, my family is in a better position to achieve
our dream, confident that our efforts are pragmatic and achievable. I thank my finance
professor for not accepting anything but my best and for holding me accountable. I
thank you, my wife thanks you and my sons thank you.”
- Tony Brown, Class of 2018
- Business Owner
- Finance Controller
- Human Resources Professional
- Marketing and Sales Manager
- Non-profit Administrator or Director
- Project Manager
- Talent Manager
Why study Business at Concordia?
- Small class sizes allow for individualized attention
- Opportunity to take graduate-level course as an undergraduate to accelerate a future graduate degree at Concordia University Texas
- All BBA students are required to complete an internship. Preparing students for their first job (or for advancement in their current job) is important to us, and an internship is one of the best ways to land that next job
- Accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE)
- Guided by best practices of the National Communication Association (NCA)