Young Voices Competition: Be Heard!
Concordia University Texas seeks to recognize talent and offer opportunities for young classical singers in the Austin area through our first-ever Young Voices competition! You will receive feedback from professional directors and singers, including Concordia's own voice faculty, and compete to earn a spot in the Finalists' Recital with other young singers from Central Texas.
The Evening Finalists' Recital is open to the public on Saturday, January 18, 2020 at 6 p.m.
Register through the link below - you will be contacted with an audition time.
Cash prizes will be awarded to three singers on vote of the judges panel after the auditions and the Finalists' Recital.
- $500 - First place, and a generous contribution from Austin Opera to see their production of Turandot! -4 A level tickets worth $850!
- $250 - Second place
- $100 - Third place
Eligibility and Guidelines
- Students currently in grades 9-12 (or their homeschool equivalents) are encouraged to register.
- Singers will prepare two pieces from the classical repertoire in contrasting styles. We highly encourage singing one piece in a language other than English.
- Singers must provide a clean copy of their music in a binder for the accompanist; they must also provide one printed copy of the music for the judges, with measures numbered.
- Singers will only be assigned an audition time after their registration and payment via the link below. Audition times will be between 8am and 1pm on Saturday, January 18.
- All singers will use the provided accompanist (covered by the registration fee).
- Registration fee: $35.
- All registration must be done online: Register today!
- Contact Prof. Abigail Pena (email@example.com) for more information.