Orbis Education has partnered with Concordia University Texas in Dallas by offering an Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program. Students theory via online learning, nursing skills in the lab and simulation environment and complete their clinical rotations in the DFW area. We are seeking a full-time instructor to oversee students in the skills and simulation labs. As Clinical Lab Instructor, the primary responsibility is the implementation of the academic programs. Instructors are assigned teaching responsibilities in a clinical or lab course and are expected to contribute to achievement of the missions of teaching, research, and service.
This is a part-time position with Orbis Education, a Concordia partner, at its Dallas location.
Academic Partner: Concordia University Texas, Accelerated BSN Program
Target hire: January 2023
Site Address: 11511 Luna Road, Farmers Branch, TX
Schedule: Monday thru Friday, part time days needed. Schedule can be flexible based on finalists availability
What You Will Do:
- Facilitate effective student learning in the clinical/lab setting and via the online learning environment
- Provide adequate guidance for students in the clinical/lab setting related to professionalism, practice, and research
- Collaborate effectively with the Healthcare Partner and its staff and support clinical adjunct faculty when needed
- Maintain and Teach Nursing Knowledge Maintain current knowledge of the extended campuses Nursing curriculum, policies, and requirements
- Maintains clinical competence and knowledge in area of expertise
What You Will Have:
- An ability to develop, support and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues, students, and adjunct clinical faculty
- Evidence of two years of successful professional nursing practice.
- Evidence of two years of teaching experience (preferred). Ability to provide a supportive learning environment for students
- Experience working in a simulation environment with high and low fidelity mannequins a plus
- Confidence with AV equipment, learning management platforms and student database systems
- Master's degree in nursing is required
- TX RN licensure
- Additional ongoing certifications and training desired
Commitment to the Concordia Mission
Concordia University Texas is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Concordia University Texas empowers students of all backgrounds to lead lives of critical thought, compassionate action and courageous leadership. As a liberal arts university, Concordia develops the mind, heart, soul, and body, preparing leaders for lives of service. As a private, faith-based university, employees must be supportive of our mission. We actively seek candidates who have professional skills, experience, and willingness to strengthen campus diversity, equity, and inclusion in support of our mission as an institution and our strategic plan. To the extent allowed by law, we reserve the right to give preference in employment based upon religion. Concordia does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by law.