Information for Current Residential Hall Residents
Questions regarding residential life or housing: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-313-4305.
Resident Forms & Policies
- Residential Life Overnight Guest Request Form
- Early Alert Reporting Form
- Residential Life Manual-Policies
Standard Check-In Procedures
Returning students who are checking into the residence halls to begin classes for the fall semester will meet with a member of the Residential Life Staff, who will have your room keys and the necessary housing paperwork.
Standard Check-Out Procedures
The residence halls close for the summer. All Students are required to make an appointment to check out of the residence halls with an RA. Students must have all belongings out of the residence hall and have completed the necessary cleaning tasks before they may check out of their room. Residents participating or assisting at the Spring Commencement Ceremony must request and be granted permission from the Director of Residence Life to remain in the residence halls.
Maintenance or Technology Requests
Residential students complete these six steps to submit a maintenace or technology request:
- Go to Helpdesk
- Click on either a Technology Request or Facilities Request
- Technology Request: computers, phone, cable, internet, etc.
- Facilities Request: plumbing, A/C and heating units, electrical, doors/locks, etc.
- An individual needs to click on either a Technology Request or Facilities Request, the webpage will direct the person to another window where s/he will enter her/his CTX email address. First-time users will be asked to input all her/his contact information into the system. A second time a request has been submitted, the individual only needs to enter her/his CTX email.
- Enter her/his CTX email address and click on submit
- Need to enter personal information (i.e., name, phone number, etc.)
- Need to enter the location on campus (i.e., Residence Building and Residence Room)
- Need to select a problem type (i.e., Heating/Ventilation/Air Conditioning)
- Need to describe the problem or request
- Need to indicate a time available for the appropriate department to respond (i.e., maintenance or IT)
- Submit the password: help
- Click on Submit; Congratulations! Either a Maintenance or Technology Request has been successfully submitted to the appropriate CTX department.
- The webpage will direct a person to a page where s/he will be able to track the progress of her/his Technology or Maintenance Request.