Students on CampusStudents on Campus

Residential Life Policies and FAQs

Check out the Residential Life Manual or the 2023-2024 Housing Agreement Form for detailed information about our philosophy, values, policies and more!

  • What should I bring to campus? What should I leave at home?

    What to bring:

    • Bedding (extra-long twin sheets, blanket, pillow)
    • Towels
    • Toiletries
    • Laundry Bag or Hamper
    • Laundry Supplies (detergent, dryer sheets, etc.)
    • Broom or Sweeper
    • Cleaning Supplies (toilet bowl cleaner, toilet brush, cleaning wipes)
    • Hangers
    • Power Strip
    • Wall-safe Adhesive Strips or Poster Putty
    • Lamp
    • Ethernet Cord (Ethernet is in Regents only)
    • For Regents:1 Refrigerator per room (refrigerators are provided in Al/Fo)
    • Medications
    • Dinnerware (plate, bowl, utensil set)
    • Toilet paper
    • Drinks and Snacks
    • Desk Supplies (stapler, staples, tape, etc.)
    • Umbrella
    • Flashlight
    • Trash can
    • Trash bags

    What to leave at home:

    • Air Fryer
    • Cooking Appliances
    • Toaster
    • Candles
    • Pets
    • Microwaves
    • Extension Cords
    • Plug In LED lights
    • Weapons
    • Ammunition
    • Excess Furniture (furniture in rooms must stay in the room)
  • Do I need Renters Insurance?
    • CTX recommends that each student purchases his or her own Renters Insurance.
    • The benefits of purchasing GradGuard Renters Insurance are as follows:
      1. Low $100.00 deductible
      2. Replacement cost: if a student's personal property is stolen or damaged due to a covered peril, it will be replaced with an item of like kind and quality.
      3. Worldwide coverage: students' belongings are protected even outside their home.
      4. Electronics coverage: students' electronics, including their TV, laptop, smartphone, and tablet, are covered up to the policy limits.
      5. Personal liability: if a student causes damage to property or injury to others, the student may be liable for the damages.
      6. Alternative to Homeowners Insurance: not all Homeowners Insurance policies are the same. Limitations may apply when property is away from the principal residence. With Renters Insurance, personal belongings are covered whether the student is on-campus, off-campus, or traveling anywhere in the world, up to policy limits.
      7. For more information, please visit the GradGuard Website
  • What is my address and how do I get mail?
    • Students receive mail at: 11400 Concordia University Drive, Austin, Texas 78726
    • Letters are delivered to the student’s mailbox located in the residence halls
  • Who is in charge?
    • Resident Assistants or RAs are in charge of the halls to which they have been assigned.
    • The Director or Residential Life is in charge of the Residential Life Program, the RAs, and the Residence Halls. The Director of Student Life and Housing takes care of the Operational needs of Residential Life such as room changes, housing assignments, and administrative processes.
    • The Dean of Students supervises the Director of Residential Life and Director of Student Life and Housing.
  • When can I apply to be a Resident Assistant?
    • RA hiring starts in February for the next fall
    • Applications are followed up by personal interviews
  • When will I find out about my roommate?
    • Roommate matching happens throughout the summer. Depending on your application, information about your room assignment and roommate(s) will be sent to your email address in July.
  • How do I request a specific person as a roommate?
    • If students want to room together each student must include the other student(s) names on the online housing application.
    • Please be aware that roommate requests are not always guaranteed and are dependent on the completion of housing application, deposit, and available spaces.
  • What if I want to change roommates?
    • Communication is the key to most roommate conflicts. And conflict resolution is one of the important things that you can learn as a member of the residential community.
    • Residents that have roommate conflicts must first try to resolve the issues by communicating with the roommates. Resident Assistants will help with roommate mediation.
    • If the roommate mediation process does not prove successful, students are required to talk to their Resident Assistant and request a room change application form.
    • Room changes only occur after the twelfth-class day.
    • All room changes must be approved by the Director of Residential Life.
  • Can students stay in the residence halls over holidays and breaks?
    • Residence halls are open year-round; however, during extended holidays and breaks, parameters may be set regarding who may stay (i.e. no conduct violations, registered for classes, etc.). Information about housing during holidays and breaks will be shared by Residential Life staff and will be communicated to residents via email, floor meeting, and flyers on doors.
    • While students are permitted to stay on campus, they are encouraged to take advantage of the breaks to get away from campus for a bit.
    • Students are not allowed to have non-CTX student visitors during breaks.
    • Other exceptions regarding students staying on campus over breaks are made in conjunction with campus employers and athletic departments for students to stay on campus for games, practice, or certain (not all) campus jobs.
  • Can I have a pet?
    • You can have a fish in an aquarium smaller than 5 gallons, if your roommates agree.
    • You cannot have any other pet.
    • The prohibition of pets does not apply to service animals and or emotional support animals. In compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and the Fair Housing Act, Concordia University Texas will consider on a case by case basis requests for an emotional support animal in housing.
    • Students with animals on campus MUST first register with the Office of Accessibility Services & Accommodations.
    • Additionally, students with animals on campus will also need to complete the Service and Emotional Support Animal Procedure Acknowledgment and Information form.
  • Can guests visit and stay the night?
    • Anyone who is not registered to a room in on-campus housing is considered a guest.
    • You may host an overnight guest in your room provided:
      1. The guest is of the same sex as the resident(s) and are not dating partners.
      2. Advance permission from roommates is obtained in writing.
      3. The guest is properly registered and has completed the necessary documentation with the Office of Residence Life.
    • All guests are the responsibility of the resident with whom they are staying and are bound by the same principles, guidelines, and rules that apply to residents.
    • A guest may not stay for longer than three consecutive nights in any seven-day period.
    • Overnight guests are not permitted during final examination days or during vacation periods, during breaks, or other days established by the University.
    • Guests may be permitted or denied at the digression of the Director of Residence Life.
  • Do members of the opposite sex need to be out of the room at a certain time?
    • Residence hall visitation hours for all students is the following:
      • Every day: 12 pm – 12 am
    • Overnight guests must be approved by University staff and must be the same gender and not dating partners.
    • Married students also must abide by Residential Life Visitation policies.
  • What if I get locked out of my room?
    • First, call your roommate. If that doesn't work…
    • Second, call or find your Resident Assistant. If that doesn't work…
    • Third, call the RA on duty phone. Alumni/Founders: 512-222-8972 Regents: 512-560-2967
    • If you have lost your key, ask your RA to fill out a key request on your behalf. Replacement keys are $25 charged to the student’s account.
  • What amenities do the residence halls have?
    • Regents and Alumni/Founders have Wi-Fi throughout the buildings
      • Regents: Ethernet ports for internet access (provide own Ethernet cable)
    • Each room has its own restroom
    • Extra-long twin bed
    • Desk and desk chair
    • Chest of drawers
    • Microwave (Alumni/Founders)
    • Small refrigerator and freezer (Alumni/Founders)
    • Laundry facilities: The cost of using the facilities is included in room costs.
    • 24 hour on campus security
    • Access to the Residence Hall Lounge includes a vending machine, flat screen televisions, pool table, ping pong table, kitchen/kitchenette, study rooms, outdoor lounges (Al/Fo) and furniture.
  • What are the rooms like?

    Room information may be viewed via the Housing Options page

    Amenities in Lounge:

    • Two flat screen televisions
    • Two pool tables
    • One ping pong table
    • One foosball table
    • Kitchenette
    • Laundry room
    • Study rooms
    • Couches and chairs
    • Outdoor lounges with furniture
    • Electric piano in lounge

    Amenities in Rooms:

    • Beds with extra-long twin mattresses
    • Desks
    • Chairs
    • 2 closets
    • 1 Microwave (Alumni/Founders)
    • 1 Small refrigerator and freezer (Alumni/Founders)
    • 2 Sinks in double and triple rooms & Regents suites
    • 1 Restroom
    • Ethernet ports (Regents) and WiFi
    • Residential rooms that comply with ADA regulations are available in all residence halls.
    • The suites are full of furniture provided by Concordia University Texas. No additional furniture is allowed.
    • Due to limited campus storage some double rooms in Alumni/Founders may hold furniture for three. (there is no charge for extra furniture)
  • What are the housing rates?
    • Single $8500/semester (Regents Hall only)
    • Double $4250/semester
    • Triple $2950/semester (Alumni/Founders only)
  • Are students required to have a meal plan?
    • All students living in the residence halls are required to have a meal plan.
    • Students with special dietary needs should work with the campus food service provider for accommodations. The food service provider is extremely accommodating and happy to help all students.
  • What are the meal plan costs?
    • Plan A (Full-Meal Plan, 19 meals/week): $2,475 per semester
    • Plan B (Reduced Meal Plan, 14 meals/week): $2,320 per semester
  • Can parents or guests eat in the campus cafeteria?

    Yes! The campus food service accepts credit cards and cash for guests that don’t have a meal plan.

  • Am I required to obtain the meningococcal (meningitis) vaccination?
    • Texas State Senate Bill 1107, which was signed into law in 2011, requires all first-time college or university students under the age of 22 to show proof of meningococcal vaccination within the last 5 years.
    • For more information, please contact
  • Why should I want to live on campus?
    • Proximity to campus
    • Campus events.
    • Students who live on campus are more involved, involvement is a key predictor to student success.
    • Networking opportunities. Students that live on campus meet more people, make deep connections, and develop a network of support. The Residence Life staff.
    • The Residence Life staff are selected to challenge and support students and build campus community. They exemplify leadership, mentors, and friends.
  • How do I get involved?

    Student Activities provides the foundation for all things fun on campus. Find out what’s happening and join us!
    Intramurals Clubs & Student Orgs
    Student Activities Concordia Hub

  • How do I stay connected?

    Follow @CTXStudentLife on multiple social media platforms to get the latest details on events on campus.
    Instagram Facebook

  • Are there quiet hours?
    • Due to varied student schedules and lifestyles, a policy of 24-hour courtesy hours is always in effect. Noise should always be contained in student rooms so as not to disturb other residents. Always feel free to ask neighbors kindly, as a courtesy, for a quieter environment.
    • Officially quiet hours in and around the residence halls will be observed by all residents and their guests 10 pm – 8 am daily.
    • The use of equipment (such as stereos, radios, amplifiers, video game players, sports equipment and musical instruments) in a manner that violates a standard of quiet conducive to study or sleep is not permitted and may cause such equipment to be removed from a room. Stereo equipment or stereo speakers may not be placed facing out of an open window. Residence hall staff members reserve the right to confiscate these or any other items that interferes with the observance of quiet and courtesy hours in the residence halls.
  • What security is provided on campus?
    • The University has its own Police department. Police officers monitor the campus for signs of unusual or criminal activity by making around the clock patrols and are available 24/7, 365 days a year.
    • Additionally, Resident Assistants are on duty each night from 5:00pm-8:00am. The Resident Assistants are trained to be attentive and responsive and to contact the Director of Residential Life and/or Campus Police when needed.
    • All buildings and rooms are secured with locks, access cards, and/or key fobs. All residents should always keep their doors locked, whether present or away.
    • Stay up to date on safety announcements and alerts through CTX Safe App. Download CTX Safe App
  • How do I submit a Work Request?

    The CTX Personal Support Center (formally Helpdesk) provides media services, technical support, and IT services. For help with your computer, room, or the building, contact the Helpdesk by submitting a form online, or email

  • How do I contact CTX Res Life?

    RA on call phone number:

    • Al/Fo: 512-222-8972
    • Regents: 512-560-2967
    • Office of Residence life 512-313-4085


  • How do I get a parking permit for my car?
    • Parking permits are available through Tornado Print & Mail
    • Parking permits expire each August, and a new application is required each Fall semester.
  • What if there is an emergency?
    • Call 911 if there is an immediate threat
    • Call campus police (512) 313-3311. Learn more about Campus Police
    • Call your RA or the RA duty phone Al/Fo: (512) 222-8972; Regents: (512) 560-2967
    • Download the CTX Safe app to get up-to-date safety announcements

Concordia University Texas offers diverse programs, a nurturing college community, and abundant opportunities for student success. Join us to unlock your potential!