Become a Leader in Educational Administration
The Educational Administration concentration within Concordia’s Master of Education program seeks to prepare teachers who desire to move into leadership roles at the campus level. Courses align with the new 268 exam and Performance Assessment for School Leaders (PASL) tasks and students in this concentration are eligible to apply to the principal certification preparation program.
Candidates engage throughout the two-year (six-semester) online program that includes a full-semester campus-based internship. The ultimate goal of the concentration is to develop leaders with practical knowledge, management skills, and courageous mindsets better to serve students, teachers, and their communities.
- Meet principal certification requirements set forth by the State of Texas.
- Display ethical and Christian administrative skills necessary to help students grow healthily and productively at private or public schools.
- Be trained in laws, policies, and procedures at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Have the opportunity to complete Advancing Educational Leadership (AEL) and Texas Teacher Evaluation and Support System (T-TESS) training.
- Complete a practicum as an acting administrator at the campus or district level.