The Master of Education in Educational Technology & Innovation* is a revolutionary degree that prepares students to become leaders in instructional technology within the fields of education and organizational development.
Created in partnership with the Texas Computer Education Association (TCEA), courses are focused on innovation, equipping students with the skills to identify current and emerging technologies, such as artificial intelligence, machine learning and virtual reality. Students will also be equipped with the leadership skills necessary to implement innovative technologies that enhance learning and meet the needs of their students, staff and organizations.
This 16-month program is fully online, and the curriculum interweaves the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) Standards for Educators throughout the program, preparing students for the ISTE Certification and other technology certifications.
*pending approval by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
Graduate students selecting this specialization:
Identify and understand current and emerging technologies
Enhance teaching and student engagement with innovative technologies
Consider ethical implications of technology and its appropriate use and need for security
Serve as visionary planners, empowered leaders, systems designers and connected learners
Core Courses (6 hours)
MED 5308 Ethics & Leadership
MED 5305 Action Research
Specialization: Educational Technology & Innovation
ETIL 53XX Foundations of Innovative Design
ETIL 53XX Innovative Design & Delivery of Learning
ETIL 53XX Artificial Intelligence, Virtual Reality & Immersive Learning
ETIL 53XX Learning and Leadership with Data Analytics
ETIL 53XX Assessing Performance with Technology
ETIL 53XX Supporting Diverse Populations with Instructional Technology
ETIL 53XX Legal, Privacy & Security Issues in Technology
ETIL 53XX Special Topics: Innovation & Engagement Technologies
Educational Technology & Innovation students will be contacted during their first course with information about applying for the Educational Technology & Innovation program and will be added to a certification course in Blackboard.
In order to be accepted into the Educational Technology & Innovation program, students must successfully complete the following requirements:
- Meet all University admission requirements to the Educational Technology & Innovation
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.5
- If GPA does not meet minimum requirements, submission of an essay for review by the Graduate Education Committee
- Teaching certification OR a minimum of one full year of experience working in a technology field
- In good standing with the University
- Accept admissions offer within required time frame
In order to successfully complete the Educational Technology & Innovation program, the candidate must:
- Remain in good standing with the University, which includes maintaining a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Earn a minimum of 30 credit hours
- Successfully complete required practical experience hours, capstone projects and all other requirements per the CTX graduate catalog
Apply for the Master of Education in Educational Technology & Innovation today!