Although related occurrences are generally rare, the Concordia University Texas Police Department would like to share some information regarding suspicious letters, packages and items.
Common features of suspicious items:
- Packages/letters that are unexpected or from someone unfamiliar to you
- No return address or a return address that cannot be verified
- Marked with restrictive endorsements - IE: "PERSONAL," "CONFIDENTIAL," "DO NOT X-RAY"
- Protruding wires or aluminum foil
- Has a strange odor or stained
- City in the postmark doesn't match the return address
- Oddly shaped; lopsided
- Marked with threatening language; inappropriate or unusual labeling
- Has excessive postage or packing material - IE: masking tape and string
- Has common words misspelled
- Has incorrect titles and/or titles without a name; not addressed to a specific person
If you receive and/or notice a suspicious item:
- Do not handle it
- Do not shake or bump it
- Do not open, smell, or taste it
- Treat it as suspect
If you have any concerns or locate an item you believe is suspicious, contact the CTX PD at (512) 313-3311.